EssenceMediacom | Marketplace ManagerApply Now
Hello. We are EssenceMediacom. GroupM’s newest and largest agency, committed to delivering marketing breakthroughs for brands. We have disrupted the old models across media, creative, innovation and analytics to find new opportunities for advertisers and deliver truly integrated media solutions. Born out of two pioneering agencies, EssenceMediacom fuses Essence’s performance, data, analytics, and creative technology DNA with MediaCom’s scaled multichannel audience planning and strategic media expertise.
About the role:
We are currently looking Marketplace Manager to join our high performing Sydney Marketplace team. Marketplace is responsible for the planning and buying all media for our clients and is the largest team within EssenceMediacom charged with bringing everything to life. If you are looking for a role where you will get exposure to develop and lead some head turning campaigns then this could be the opportunity for you.
You will be working across one of Australia’s Big Four Banks, the Commonweath Bank of Australia who are the leaders of integrated financial services and the official sponsor of the CommBank Matildas! You will work exclusively across brand and partnerships leading the amplification process. This is a hybrid role mainly working across OOH, radio, TV and print. A background in digital is also highly advantageous.
What will make you stand out
- Leading negotiations with publishers, finalising media plans, reviewing publisher response, delivered client reports and PCA’s.
- Managing team workflow and tasks.
- Run part of a meeting to manage the upcoming week's workflow with your team, delegating tasks and making sure they are all kicking goals.
- Determine training requirements for the team based on your day-to-day interaction with them.
- Finalising media plans that will deliver against client objectives.
- Has established relationships with media owners, tech vendors, data providers.
- Review publisher brief responses and work on refining and negotiating to get to the optimum solution.
- Deliver reports that offer insight and add value to your client, aligned to their business goals.
- on time and accurate invoicing, educating them on the importance of the process.
- Work with GroupM data to inform investment decisions.
- Keeps up to date with the latest industry news, trends and developments are and how they can benefit the client.
- Numbers are a second language to you, and you can translate between both fast, accurately, and effectively.
- Demonstrates financial and numerical astuteness.
- Has a growing understanding of their people management skills and an understanding of how they like to work.
- Has a problem-solving mentality.
More about you
- Strong organisational skills, good knowledge of digital media, ability to plan and buy.
- Experience in eCommerce, performance or retailer media preferred.
- Ability to form good relationships with vendors and confident to negotiate.
- Strength in managing workload well, able to help their team prioritise work to ensure deadlines are hit.
- Passion! You’re keen to deliver the best media results every time, constantly looking to move and improve the overall efficiency of the team’s delivery.
- Positive attitude and ability to motivate your team to deliver the best for your clients.
- Excellent presentation skills, both in constructing persuasive and engaging content and well as delivering it.
- Commercially minded, with ability to identify business revenue opportunities.
- A passion to grow your people management skills and an understanding of how people like to work.
What we can offer you
- Our ‘Strive’ flexible working policy
- Learning and Development Academy
- WPP Global Employee Discounts
- Reconnect Program (work in our offices overseas)
- Industry leading parental leave
- Birthday leave, Summer days, Culture initiatives across the year
- DE&I program