EssenceMediacom | Manager, Strategic PlanningApply Now
Reporting of the role
This role reports to (Line Manager’s position).
2 best things about the job:
1. Oversee plan negotiations and media team activities.
2. Build a comprehensive media knowledge base and synthesizes information into innovative ideas.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Take responsibility for planning, buying, and reporting for assigned accounts.
- Develop and foster strong working relationships with internal teams.
- Mentor, train, and build the team effectively.
In six months:
- Manage vendor relationships efficiently.
- Collaborate with the Associate Director/Director to create strategic and efficient media plans.
- Contribute to setting the overall direction for program planning and negotiating strategies.
In 12 months:
- Initiate creative and business-building ideas.
- Build a comprehensive media knowledge base and synthesize information into innovative ideas.
- Supervise, train, and develop staff while serving as a positive role model with a strong work ethic, and diligently reviewing all work to ensure high-quality output.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Assist the Associate Director/Director in creating strategic and efficient media plans.
- Support the Associate Director/Director in setting the overall direction for program planning and negotiating strategies.
- Develop and foster strong working relationships with internal teams and manage vendor relationships.
- Take responsibility for mentoring, training, and team building.
- Oversee plan negotiations and media team activities.
- Maximize the buying power of every dollar spent.
- Maintain status reports to ensure efficient workflow and meet deadlines and write reports of key meetings.
- Lead internal meetings with other departments and leverage agency resources to strengthen ideas.
What you will need:
- More than 5 years of experience (experience working in an Interactive/Digital environment is preferred).
- Bachelor's degree and above.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work successfully with teams, handle multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines under pressure.
- Strong negotiating skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong relationship-building skills, including maintaining positive client relationships.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong analytical abilities and quantitative skills, including math proficiency.
- Ability to effectively utilize media research and reporting resources.
- Technical proficiency, particularly with media systems and MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
You will oversee the preparation of media plans and other deliverables and supervise the implementation of media plans. Additionally, you will be responsible for supervising the team in executing media plans.