EssenceMediacom | Planning DirectorApply Now
Hello. We are EssenceMediacom. GroupM’s newest and largest agency, committed to delivering marketing breakthroughs for brands. We have disrupted the old models across media, creative, innovation and analytics to find new opportunities for advertisers and deliver truly integrated media solutions. Born out of two pioneering agencies, EssenceMediacom fuses Essence’s performance, data, analytics and creative technology DNA with MediaCom’s scaled multichannel audience planning and strategic media expertise.
About the role
In your role as Planning Director, you are the story teller, the person that connects all the dots, defines the idea, and the systems architect. Working closely with our strategy, creative, account service, marketplace and digital teams, will engage with the business leadership team to deliver on your client’s objectives.
You will be part of the bespoke agency for Bankwest – Union that sits within EssenceMediacom. Union is made up of media, account management, creative, production and strategy and utilises the power of the WPP AUNZ and GroupM networks, to deliver best-in-class solutions to Bankwest.
We are now one of the largest agencies with an enviable client roster, which includes CBA, Bankwest, adidas, Bayer, Dell, Google, Mars, PlayStation, The Coca-Cola Company and Uber.
What will make you stand out
- You are considered a specialist when it comes to understanding how media works across paid, owned and earned channels.
- Really enjoys working with data – being able to pull actionable insights from a client’s data set translating this into planning lead implications/optimisations. Ability to build and optimise reach and use tools to do this.
- In-depth understanding of the latest research on media effectiveness and how media drives growth
- Experience in audience and signal planning understanding how to build audiences and translate them into segments we can buy and activate against
- Competency working across planning tools from audience planning, allocation and optimisation
- Ability to work with implementation teams to translate the strategy into actionable plans for brands
- Ensuring delivery of a digital solution which is relevant to the client’s business/brand by working with the Implementation teams to fine tune budget allocation, weights, phasing, site mix with creation of the media plan
- Builds key relationships with key client stake holders in marketing, planning and strategy
- Works with client teams to share thought leadership on media planning effectiveness either pro-actively or in key stakeholder meetings
More about You
- Has the ability to turn numbers into a story - numbers are like a second language and easily translated fast, accurately and effectively
- Is a highly skilled communicator who knows how to simplify the complicated media world and structure of an agency
- Is always excited to build connected systems that deliver against business solutions
- An awareness of what award-winning work looks like
- Is a trusted advisor who can quickly understand the client’s business needs and develop a solution
- Enjoys working within a fully integrated team
What we can offer you
- Our ‘Strive’ flexible working policy
- Learning and Development Academy
- WPP Global Employee Discounts
- Reconnect Program (work in our offices overseas)
- Industry leading parental leave
- Birthday leave, Summer days, Culture initiatives across the year
- DE&I program