EssenceMediaCom | Associate DirectorApply Now
The Role Objective
This is an opportunity to work on a world class technology brand.
The Digital Director is responsible for the day to day running of clients’ activities as to ensure its overall strategic goal, with a strong digital understanding of all channels, understanding of how digital fits into the multi-media connected system. Builds connected systems and identify opportunities to connect with other media. Develop the digital capability of our Talent both digital and non-digital.
- Support the Client Lead by providing expertise on specialist area
- Provide insight and analysis to the Client Lead to support the development of data driven strategic recommendations for the client
- Work closely with the Client Lead and the Strategy team to produce best in class campaign strategy, plan and rationale documents, for both digital and offline media.
- Be the custodian of your client's advertising presence on digital platforms & the go-to-person on all matters social.
Client Account Management
- Develop strong relationships with clients, be their go to person for anything digital.
- Work with wider teams and outsourced partners to ensure delivery that serves the client’s needs.
- Anticipate the client’s needs and set up internal process to meet / exceed them
- Lead on relevant part of client meetings, QBRs, etc.
- Keep your client leads up to date on social best practices - content, platforms, and tools within the paid social ecosystem.
Operating and Technical Requirements
- Expertise in performance media platforms, including Google marketing stack, Ad serving technologies and biddable media platforms.
- Meticulous, detail-oriented and able to QC data and operations for accuracy and compliance
- Analyse data and deliver insights that adds value for future campaigns
- Lead briefing process and discussions with media partners.
- Review partner proposals and take lead role in shaping them to align with campaign objectives and ensure the strategy has been fulfilled.
- Establish and deliver tracking of campaigns status and update the teams and the client in a structured and timely way.
- Control and improve the quality of the teams’ work output.
- Manage Planner / Media Exec to ensure campaign planning and execution (including ad operations and biddable operations) are on target and meeting client expectations.
- Work with client and global team to implement all technologies that are required (ex: tracking, audience measuring, DSP).
- Work collaboratively with the MediaCom and GroupM colleagues across the market to develop the capability, skills and knowledge of our digital talent
- Be willing to train, mentor and provide direction to team members.
- Set clear KPIs’ that focus on individual’s key behaviours and areas for improvement.
- Flags up any serious performance issues immediately and seek help to manage them accordingly.
- Take a hands-on approach to role, with the necessary digital platform expertise to QC or troubleshoot issues around set up or tracking where necessary
- Stay on top of new developments in the industry and readily suggest the new technology and/or beta tests to the client.
- Meets regularly with media owners to them keep up to date with the latest digital trends.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Product: outstanding plan execution & operational excellence. KPI Digital Specific KPIs
- Client: satisfaction, retention and growth,contributing to a high TRR score for Digital Planning. KPI TRR score
- People: identification and retention of high performers, team engagement at all levels. KPI 360 scores, retention of team
- Commercial: client profitability. KPI Client profitability target
- Personal development: positive My360 feedback from manager, peers and clients
Education, skills and behaviours
- 5+ years experience in digital performance media planning or execution
- 3+ years of senior experience on a similar role
- Strong analytical skills to identify consumer journey planning.
- Bilingual preferred; Japanese and English; with fluency in one language and basic/business communication in the other.
- The ability to delegate, up and downwards, to coordinate between groups and departments and to be able to sell strategies, initiatives and ideas convincingly.
- Demonstrable strong strategic digital planning skills and experience.
- Strong communicator, with evidence of being able to influence and manage senior client stakeholders
- Results orientated, ability to work effectively to targets.