EssenceMediacom | Media Billing SpecialistApply Now
Hello. We are EssenceMediacom. GroupM’s newest and largest agency, committed to delivering marketing breakthroughs for brands. We have disrupted the old models across media, creative, innovation and analytics to find new opportunities for advertisers and deliver truly integrated media solutions. Born out of two pioneering agencies, EssenceMediacom fuses Essence’s performance, data, analytics and creative technology DNA with MediaCom’s scaled multichannel audience planning and strategic media expertise.
About the role
The role requires managing the end-to-end billing process for a portfolio of assigned client accounts. The ideal candidate must be diligent and meticulous in performing and analysing client billing, strictly following established billing procedures. They should have a proven track record of success in a billing role, with a strong focus on client's needs. Effective communication skills and the ability to work well under pressure are essential traits for this role. The successful candidate must be highly motivated, take full ownership of their responsibilities, and work collaboratively with their team to meet tight deadlines. Accurate billing and analytical reporting in line with client contractual requirements is a high priority.
What will make you stand out
- To provide consistent, accurate and timely client billing in line with agreed billing cycles and specific client billing timetables
- Regular and thorough review and monitoring of unbilled reports, to ensure that all clients are billed to agreed contractual timelines and aligned to agreed billing processes
- Provide detailed updates on unbilled media to Agency commercial and client Teams in line with agreed timetables
- Send Client invoices promptly and in accordance with the agreed billing dispatch process, including correct billing address, contact, email dispatch, and entry onto the client portal
- Where a Client has a specific invoicing platform, work with the client, commercial, and client teams to ensure they have the necessary access to enter invoice data accurately and on time.
- Manage, where required, client purchase order/budget spend reconciliations, reviewing accuracy and quality of data prior to submission to the the client.
- Collaborate with the Agency to create and maintain a central portfolio of client billing rules that documents billing requirements and reconciliation processes.
- Liaise with the collection team and the agency client team to support the collections function and the resolution of Client queries raised.
- Ensuring integrity of the billings function is aligned in accordance with the WPP Internal Control framework and WPP Policies and Procedures.
- Support Internal, External, and client audits as required by the management team.
- Ad-hoc projects as directed by senior Management.
- Ad-hoc reporting as and when required by either Agency or Client teams.
- Support ad hoc and continuous improvement projects driven internally by GBS and/or WPP Group initiatives.
More about you
- We are seeking candidates with over two years of billing experience in a medium to large corporation, particularly in the Media, Creative, or Digital industries. However, we also welcome applications from recent graduates who are looking to kickstart their career in finance.
- Experience with Spectra SMD & Spectra PF would be highly regarded (but not essential)
- Proven track record working within a billing team and can demonstrate self-motivation and a proactive approach to role ownership.
- Commercially focused with a strong Client service approach, quality control is key.
- Confidence in managing and building relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong Excel skills (pivot table, macro level desirable)
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Well organised with strength in prioritising.
- Flexible attitude to achieve results.
- Calm under pressure.
What we can offer you
- Our ‘Strive’ flexible working policy
- Learning and Development Academy
- WPP Global Employee Discounts
- Reconnect Program (work in our offices overseas)
- Industry leading parental leave
- Birthday leave, Summer days, Culture initiatives across the year
- DE&I program
Apply now and send your CV via the link!