EssenceMediacom | Group Investment DirectorApply Now
Hello. We are EssenceMediacom. GroupM’s newest and largest agency, committed to delivering marketing breakthroughs for brands. We have disrupted the old models across media, creative, innovation and analytics to find new opportunities for advertisers and deliver truly integrated media solutions. Born out of two pioneering agencies, EssenceMediacom fuses Essence’s performance, data, analytics and creative technology DNA with MediaCom’s scaled multichannel audience planning and strategic media expertise.
As a Group Investment Director, you are to lead the overall delivery of high-quality Investment plans, ensuring your team of talented Investment planners are using data, technology and tools to deliver best in class media systems.
What will make you stand out
- Ensures your Marketplace team understand their role and responsibilities and sets clear direction for all team members.
- Coaches & mentors all team members regularly to deliver their work to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- Leads career development of team, able to set goals that will develop our people and develop our business.
- Intrinsic understanding of the investment implementation process, leading developments and find efficiencies.
- Works hand in hand with Client Lead across all disciplines throughout the campaign development process ensuring they deliver work in a timely manner.
- Leads innovation and instils in team that it is present in all recommendations.
- Leads quality control on all outputs from the team including media owner briefs, channel presentations, media plans, PCAs, deal tracking and monthly forecasting.
- Ensures that GroupM priorities are aligned to MediaCom Investment strategies and are leveraged to the benefit of the client (including rates, media firsts, beta test and learns).
- Leads negotiation strategies, in line with client’s overall investment strategy.
- Leads team and clients through ongoing micro and macroeconomic trend presentations and POV’s to clients.
- Is the senior trusted advisor to clients and helps build teams client relationships.
- Understands the client category intrinsically and can translate insights into media outcomes.
- Leads by example on how to responds to clients and media owners in a timely manner consistently managing expectations.
- Ensures team’s timesheets are completed in a timely manner.
- Identify areas of increased commercial opportunity with key media owners.
- Ensure your team are across and actions all aged debt, account queries and audits
- Is a media planning and buying expert, able to utilise all tools and confidently train and develop others.
- Experience in people management with an understanding of what drives retention and a success through others mentality
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills applicable to media proposal assessment, evaluation, and negotiation.
- Sound knowledge and experience on how to react to various and adverse occurrences throughout the general operation of the team.
- High levels of energy that helps cultivate a positive social and high-performing culture.
- A leader rather than manager, with the ability to switch between the two depending on the situation.
- Is a proven leader and can inspire and motivate the immediate and broader team.
- Has established fluent senior relationships and utilises these to get the best outcomes for clients and the agency.
- Always planning in addition to ongoing day to day operations.
- Leads MediaCom behavioural pillars into the day-to-day functioning of the team.
- Always persuasively present and articulate to external stakeholders the functions and principles critical to the MediaCom Marketplace agenda
- Our ‘Strive’ flexible working policy
- Learning and Development Academy
- WPP Global Employee Discounts
- Reconnect Program (work in our offices overseas)
- Industry leading parental leave
- Birthday leave, Summer days, Culture initiatives across the year
- DE&I program