EssenceMediacom | Senior Media Activation DirectorApply Now
About the role
The Media Activation team is responsible for providing thoughtful and exciting recommendations for Search, Social, Display, and Video, owning supplier relationships, and then executing those recommendations expertly. The Media Activation team leverages their mastery of each channel to make sure its recommendations are consistently excellent and innovative, and that in-channel performance and data integrity is maximized.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Lead in Media Activation business development, support client onboarding and in the creation, roll out, and adherence of best practices across channels
- Serve as point of escalation for Media Activation across client account teams
- Identify new platforms, partners & integrations, evaluate these (and existing platforms) over time and maintain a POV here
- Develop strong relationships with your client, and key suppliers, leading team communications with these stakeholders. Be able to communicate with clients on subjects outside your remit, and provide them with useful insight, working independently
- Develop thought leadership pieces & case studies throughout the course of the year to demonstrate role within wider industry as a display expert
- Deliver quarterly, semi-annual, or annual updates on work quality as it relates to owned workstreams
- Gain a strategic understanding of the client’s business and KPIs, and how campaign optimizations meet those KPIs
- Support the Client Director & Media Activation Practice Lead in capacity planning & resource management for the team
- Lead through vision, values, and model leadership behaviors while championing and facilitating change in a positive manner
- Thoughtfully craft career development plans for your reports and contribute to the development of training materials for the department
- Manage a team of 2-5 direct reports, a larger team of up to 12
- An experienced and exceptionally talented individual, you will be passionate about digital media and have a desire to be at the cutting edge of online advertising.
- At least 12-14 years of working experience experience within a digital-centric role with a track record of leadership and business growth
- Strong understanding of the digital landscape, suppliers and technology
- Strong analytical skills. Able to analyze and draw conclusions from data and comfortable presenting quantitative information in a client context
- Demonstrate the ability to present your strategic recommendations to external/internal clients
- Eager to learn new concepts and challenge the existing business framework
- Highly developed interpersonal, team building and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated experience in senior stakeholder relationship building and management
- Proven capability in building, developing and mentoring people and teams
- Past experience in managing profitability in the context of agreed scope of work
- Experience in setting work quality standards and consistently delivering against them
More about EssenceMediacom
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means, that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients, renowned brands and media owners. Making GroupM Singapore the Number One organisation to join and develop your career in media investment.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
EssenceMediacom is GroupM’s newest and largest agency delivering marketing breakthroughs for their clients. Disrupting the old models across media, creative, innovation and analytics, the agency has been built to find new opportunities for brands and deliver truly integrated media solutions.
Composed of 10,000 people across 120 offices globally EssenceMediacom combines Essence’s performance, data, analytics and creative technology DNA with MediaCom’s scaled multichannel audience planning and strategic media expertise.
The agency includes an enviable global client roster, which includes adidas, Bayer, Dell, Google, Mars, NBCUniversal, PlayStation, Procter & Gamble, The Coca-Cola Company and Uber, and will be responsible for more than $21bn in global media billings.
Visit essencemediacom.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @emglobal.