EssenceMediaCom | Business DirectorApply Now
EssenceMediaCom | Business Director
Overview of job
Integrated media planning among the brands that are market leaders and have cult like following among its fan base.
Person should have a good understanding on the digital + Offline media and sound knowledge of the performance media – search, social, affiliates and all the comes with it.
Reporting of the role - Sr. Director
3 best things about the job:
- You would be working in one of the most exiting agencies and leadng FMCG accounts
- Scope to work on various target segments
- Systematized working process
- Vertical Learning Curve
Measures of success – In three months:
- You would be expected to have full understanding on your portfolio of brand/s
- Understand the different stakeholders within agency and start building relationship with them.
- Helping your team to craft the agency response to the client briefs.
In six months:
- Ability to lead strategic & executional discussions with clients.
- You should be able to have full understanding of what is happening on your clients & lead your team in that aspect.
- Be visible as the leader of your team within the agency as well as with clients
- Start interacting with our regional agency teams on client where applicable
In 12 months:
- Lead the annual planning process for our clients.
- Be the seamless bridge between local clients & regional/global agency team.
- Converse on measurement metrics across touchpoint based on campaign objectives
- Win awards in both internal and external forums like FOM, Cannes, Smarties, RAMAI, etc.
- Ability to start driving agency KPIs; balanced with client KPIs
- Leading client engagement for a set of accounts with total billing 500+ cr. You’ll need to have a thorough knowledge of traditional media, opportunities available and build constructive relationships with key media owners where relevant using an innovative approach: in use of media, analysis to showcase efficiencies
Responsibilities of the role:
- Brand guardianship on assigned brands
- Build a relationship as the client’s strategic advisor on all communication related issues related to the brand / category
- Clarify, formalize and manage client expectations on an ongoing basis.
- Develop strategic thinking for the brands handled
- Supervise and lead Annual Operating Plans and Communication Review work with teams
- Be the key contact for the Brand/Media Manager for the set of brands handled
- Push the planning thinking by utilizing MediaCom’s research, systems and tools
- Search and reapply regional/ global learnings
- Create monthly media reviews/reports
- Proactively use all information to address P&G business issues
- Lead conceptualization of local media campaigns/initiatives
- Team supervision and development
- Lead and manage the sub-teams, maintaining high level of motivation amongst team members
- Ensure basic training and orientation of new team members and Mediacom/P&G
- Ensure strict adherence to all SOPs and audit rules
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a similar set up.
- Ability to lead the team with full authority. Also being able to motivate the team & take them along during times of high media activity.
- Being able to overcome the typical media agency pitfalls – build relationship with team members across the planning, buying, operations & the finance/billing teams.
- Being process driven
- Having a good relations with media partners
- Ability to have a business acumen along with being a fundamentally strong media professional
- Business Acumen with the ability to understand 360* degree media.
More about EssenceMediacom:
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
2020 brought opportunities for brands to innovate because of which we saw an evolving media stack. The growth of digital is set to soar high because of changing consumer habits. With approximately 500 million smartphone users, low-priced data plans, 45 to 50 million e-commerce shoppers, approximately 60 OTT offerings and a young population, India is a mobile-first internet market. It is also one of the top 10 ad spend markets in the world and is set to climb the ranks. Global big tech corporations have made considerable investments in top e-commerce/retail ventures and Indian start-ups, blurring the lines between social media, e-commerce and mobile payments, resulting in disruption on an unimaginable scale.
At GroupM India, there’s never a dull moment between juggling client requests, managing vendor partners and having fun with your team. We believe in tackling challenges head-on and getting things done.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.