EssenceMediacom | Chief Data & Technology OfficerApply Now
EssenceMediacom | Chief Data & Technology Officer
EssenceMediacom is GroupM’s newest and largest agency.
We are building the agency of the future by combing Essence’s performance, data, analytics and creative technology DNA with Mediacom’s scaled multichannel audience planning and strategic media expertise.
Our promise is to deliver breakthrough thinking for brands and our people. This means reinventing how brands interact with customers to take advantage of the opportunities of the new communications economy. In doing so, building a breakthrough culture and career opportunities for our people.
We have an enviable client roster of local and global business which includes adidas, AirBnB, Bayer, CBA, Dell, Google, Mars, NBCUniversal, nib, PlayStation, The Coca-Cola Company and Uber, and will be responsible for more than $1bn in Australian media billings.
About Data and Technology:
EssenceMediacom Data and Technology group works at the intersection of data and technology,
with a purpose grounded in harnessing the power of data to unlock greater efficiency and effectiveness for brands, and enable more valuable marketing experiences for consumers
We enable: Every EssenceMediacommer by providing them with the tools, data and products they need to make data-driven decisions
for their clients
We Partner: By deeply embedding resources within client teams, to offer customized application of our solutions, not 1-size-fits-all approaches
We Deliver: Sophisticated technical solutions by tapping into our network of hubs, and fully leveraging the power of data science & automation
Overview of the Role:
The Chief of Data and Technology will lead EssenceMediacom’s (EM) Data and Technology business unit. They will need to drive the execution of the strategic, financial, product and talent plans, through active, strong, inspiring leadership.
You will be responsible for developing, designing, & delivering bespoke client technology roadmaps, to help their digital transformation and provide solutions that unlock their business and marketing ambitions.
The role will partner with our clients to help solve the increasingly complex data and technology landscape, building out a blueprint to help evolve their marketing proposition, allowing EssenceMediacom to translate this into precision and personalised marketing communications.
You will help standardise the way we talk, deliver and scale data & tech assets across the agency, responsible for helping to deliver thought leadership, education and continuous learning to our clients and the agency.
You will drive strategic partnerships with Australia’s leading data and technology partners to deliver a distinct advantage for EssenceMediacom and our clients. You’ll work closely with GroupM’s Acceleration business to unlock consultancy and data/tech deployment opportunities and Nexus to connect GroupM’s ID graph with EM’s strategic planning, activation and measurement solutions.
The role has a pioneering and entrepreneurial spirit that helps prepare our clients for the next era of marketing.
CEO (Chief Executive Officer), EssenceMediacom, CPO (chief Product Officer), EssenceMediacom
Head of Data and Technology – Sydney
Brisbane, Melbourne & Sydney
- Product: Lead the design and deployment of market leading product capability integrated across all client teams, leveraging Group M’s executional capabilities.
- Client: maintain consistently high levels of delivery and client satisfaction. Represent our market leading data and tech capabilities in new business pitches
- Commercial: deliver against growth and profitability targets.
- People: to attract, develop, and retain the best talent in market.
- At least 10 years of leading Data and Technology experience.
- Proven track record in establishing high levels of client and stakeholder satisfaction, including the ability to lead C-suite clients.
- Proven delivery of client digital transformation agendas.
- Extensive experience in the digital media, technology and data industry as well as strong client facing responsibilities.
- Ability and conviction to drive transformational change, bring cultural alignment and clarity for the leadership team.
- Ability to influence, guide and shape the agency product, culture and build a strong local market proposition with the EssenceMediaCom brand.
- You have proven track records of educating and guiding teams, client and the industry.
- Proven capability in driving organic revenue growth and winning new business.
- You are known for team work and able to influence people to deliver exceptional quality results.
- A strong industry profile and reputation with this role and you are a confident public speaker and comfortable to be representing EssenceMediacom and GroupM in industry events