EssenceMediacom | Associate Media Activation DirectorApply Now
About the role
The Media Activation team is responsible for providing thoughtful and exciting recommendations for Search, Social, Display, and Video, owning supplier relationships, and then executing those recommendations expertly. The Media Activation team leverages their mastery of each channel to make sure its recommendations are consistently excellent and innovative, and that in-channel performance and data integrity is maximized.
Some of the things we'd like you to do:
- Support the Client Director & Media Activation Practice Lead in capacity planning & resource management for the team
- Oversee development, roll out, and adherence of best practices across channels
- Develop strong relationships with your client, and key suppliers, leading team communications with these stakeholders. Be able to communicate with clients on subjects outside your remit, and provide them with useful insight, working independently
- Bring in-depth knowledge of Display & Search platforms (e.g. – GDN, DV360, Google Search etc.) operating as in-agency expert in your field of specialism, whilst showing a good understanding of the overall media landscape
- Manage and develop key vendor relationships – Bing, Yahoo Japan, Google
- Identify new platforms, partners & integrations, evaluate these (and existing platforms) over time and maintain a POV here
- Develop thought leadership pieces & case studies throughout the course of the year to demonstrate role within wider industry as a digital media expert
- Keep up to date with latest Google Marketing Betas/product updates & identify suitable betas which would be suitable to test for Google Cloud.
- Provide succinct updates on owned workstreams and projects to internal & external teams
- Gain a strategic understanding of the client’s business and KPIs, and how campaign optimizations meet those KPIs
- Ownership of in-channel planning and forecasting, testing, measurement, and optimization
- Manage a team of 2-4 direct reports, a larger team of up to 6
- Lead through vision, values, and model leadership behaviors while championing and facilitating change in a positive manner
- Provide timely and actionable feedback to the team to aid in their development
- Strong and effective communication across all levels; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally
- Thoughtfully craft career development plans for your reports and contribute to the development of training materials for the department
- Prior experience in digital marketing with B2B clients would be a plus
A bit about yourself:
- An experienced and exceptionally talented individual, you will be passionate about digital media and have a desire to be at the cutting edge of online advertising
- At least 8 years of experience within a digital-centric role with a track record of leadership and business growth
- Strong understanding of the digital landscape, suppliers and technology
- Strong analytical skills. Able to analyze and draw conclusions from data and comfortable presenting quantitative information in a client context
- Demonstrate the ability to present your strategic recommendations to external/internal clients
- Eager to learn new concepts and challenge the existing business framework
- Highly developed interpersonal, team building and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated experience in senior stakeholder relationship building and management
- Proven capability in building, developing and mentoring people and teams
- Past experience in managing profitability in the context of agreed scope of work
- Experience in setting work quality standards and consistently delivering against them
More about EssenceMediacom
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
About GroupM Singapore
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means, that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients, renowned brands and media owners. Making GroupM Singapore the Number One organisation to join and develop your career in media investment.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.