EssenceMediacom | Senior Director Creative TechnologistApply Now
EssenceMediacom | Senior Director Creative Technologist
Media Futures Group (MFG) is a part of EssenceMediacom, the largest agency within GroupM with 10,000 employees in 125 offices, handling close to $25bn in billings. The merger brings together the data and performance driven digital DNA of Essence with the multi-channel might of Mediacom, and MFG is its Google-focused unit, while EM clients include Coke, Airbnb, Mars, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and Financial Times.
About the role
Innovation is at the core of Essence DNA and our success. And it is a primary reason clients continue to partner with us. It’s critical to attract great talent, spark collaboration with top publishers, and win new business against the best in the industry. Without innovation, we cannot do great work. Without great work, we are not Essence.
As a Creative technologist sitting inside the core of Essence in APAC, you will come up with novel uses of existing and emerging technologies. To do that you will also ignite creative thinking and experience creation, and excite consumers to create brand love and engagement for Google. You are the know-hower and go-to person for any new and interesting innovations including gamifications, AI, VR, metaverse and NFT or even way beyond we may have not thought about leveraging yet. And Yes! You will be working closely with our beloved creative and strategy guns all around the APAC region to ideate and prototype solutions that excite our clients’ tasks.
If you’re a tech person who can’t stop thinking about dynamic and creative uses of tech, or a creative person who is a perfect savvy at your core, this role is yours!
Some of the things we'd like you to do:
- Oversee and build digital architect on a variety of technologies coming out of ideation
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with our creative and strategy teams
- Help craft campaign briefs for creative teams in Japan and APAC, enabling the best creative talents to ideate on the most innovative media platforms and tools
- Contribute innovation ideas and discussions
- Explore and integrate new technologies internally and with media partners
- Establish partnerships that would allow Essence to “own” new ad-tech or media solutions to the Google client. Examples: media effectiveness testing, ad serving or contextual targeting
- Create and maintain optimal pipeline architecture to work with selected vendors' data infrastructure
- Present ideas / prototypes to internal and external allies.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements when needed: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Drive Product Development - Partner with data science, data engineering, design, and client analytics to define requirements, use cases, features, and delivery of white-labeled
- Wow clients by bringing in cool new solutions that put Google at the forefront of cutting edge media and adtech
- Inspire and stimulate the APAC experience team with new news in the creative tech space, with thought starters on creative ad-tech application
- Go local with in-depth exploration on emerging innovative tech in unique markets like JP, IN and AU
- Start and maintain relationships with frontrunner ad-tech developers to get inside views as well as working efficiencies on how we partner with ever-evolving creative tech
A bit about yourself:
- Ideally 8+ years of relevant experience in roles that create creative technology solutions
- Yout have been in the field of digital activation / interactive / experiential or platform production companies
- Experience in Big Data technologies
- Great analytical skills and solid time management
- A creative problem solver
- Understanding of marketing campaigns and their objectives, experience with search analytics is a plus
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform/AWS technologies is a plus;
- Experience in data analysis and visualization is a plus;
- Experience in marketing analytics and/or digital media experience is a plus
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.