GroupM | Business Director, StrategyApply Now
Core purpose of the job
3 best things about the job:
1. Create the New: This job is about driving an end-to-end communication plan from consumer insight to media strategy, and you will play a key role in developing media industry and beauty category 'firsts.'
2. Culture of Collaboration: Deliver breakthrough thinking for brands as you will have the opportunity to work with diverse, best-in-class experts who enjoy collaborating and learning from one another.
3. Visibility and Mentorship: In a key role on a major client, you will directly interact with clients as well as senior agency leaders who will offer hands-on guidance to further your career development.
· Client satisfaction (quality of strategic thinking)
· Make it happen (successful activations)
· Growth mindset (learning agility)
Position of the role
Your role will be to help the team consistently deliver data-led and effective work in the industry. You will ‘connect the dots,’ working with different specialist teams on diverse projects ranging from developing thought leadership to designing an audience targeting approach and establishing robust KPI frameworks.
Responsibilities of the role:
· Analyze consumer panel data, market reports, and industry trends to generate compelling strategic insights as the basis for communications strategies.
· Develop the strategic direction for campaigns and collaborate with the planning team to craft distinctive and compelling media activation ideas.
· Establish KPIs and a measurement approach based on campaign objectives.
· Keep up-to-date with media trends and platform innovations, and establish good working relationships with major media partners to push innovative media activations for our client.
· Collaborate closely with the agency's insights, business science, social, search, and planning teams to respond to client briefs and proactively develop, manage, and analyze research projects.
· Work with the planning team to develop competitive studies, end-of-campaign reports, and periodic performance reviews with clear learnings and strategic recommendations.
· Develop and facilitate workshops, both internal and with clients.
Tasks & Measurement
In three months:
ü Quickly become familiar with internal planning and functional teams.
ü Establish a trusted relationship with planning team
ü Attend GroupM and media roadshows to stay up-to-date on media trends
In six months:
ü Provide direction in campaign proposals
ü Develop key learnings from competitive reviews and campaign results
ü Establish an effective way of working with planning team and other disciplines
In 12 months:
· Created award-worthy campaign activations that are recognized as ‘best-in-class’
ü Build up strong strategic thinking with commercial sense
ü Deliver innovative campaign execution
ü Initiate thought leadership projects
What you will need:
· Mindset is crucial to success in this role. We’re looking for an open-minded, ambitious individual with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a willingness to try new things. You will have a desire not just to develop great strategic thinking but also to help our planners turn it into award-winning executions across any channel.
· You will have solid strategic and problem-solving capabilities, as well as a strong grasp of how media works. This means you may work in a strategy role at another media agency, or you may be a dynamic, experienced media planner looking to move into a more strategic role.
· You’ll be passionate about making great work happen and be excited about the opportunities data has to drive both effectiveness and creativity on plans. You will have the ability to fuse qualitative and quantitative thinking, simplifying the complex to story-tell clear solutions.
· Fluent written and spoken English and Chinese are a must – you will be working closely with foreign clients as well as local media partners.
GroupM is WPP’s media investment group and the world’s leading media investment company with a mission to shape the next era of media where advertising works better for people. The company is responsible for more than $60 billion in annual media investment, as measured by the independent research bureau COMvergence. Through its global agencies Mindshare, Wavemaker, EssenceMediacom, and mSix&Partners, and cross-channel performance (GroupM Nexus), data (Choreograph), entertainment (GroupM Motion Entertainment) and investment solutions, GroupM leverages a unique combination of global scale, expertise, and innovation to generate sustained value for clients wherever they do business.
GroupM is the world’s leading media investment company with a mission to create a new era of media where advertising works better for people. Responsible for more than $60 billion in annual media investment, according to COMvergence, the company innovates, differentiates, and generates sustained value for clients wherever they do business. GroupM’s portfolio includes agencies Mindshare, Wavemaker, EssenceMediacom and mSix&Partners, as well as Choreograph (Data & Technology), GroupM Nexus (Cross-Channel Performance & Activation), and GroupM Investment.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.