EssenceMediacom | Social ExecutiveApply Now
Hello. We are EssenceMediacom. GroupM’s newest and largest agency, committed to delivering marketing breakthroughs for brands. We have disrupted the old models across media, creative, innovation and analytics to find new opportunities for advertisers and deliver truly integrated media solutions. Born out of two pioneering agencies, EssenceMediacom fuses Essence’s performance, data, analytics and creative technology DNA with MediaCom’s scaled multichannel audience planning and strategic media expertise.
The ideal candidate for the Social Executive role will be a social-first thinker and content maker, who’s tuned into and excited by all things social. You’ll be keen to learn and excited by the opportunity to contribute content ideas as part of a team. Crucially, you’ll be a curious and creative thinker, wanting to develop your strategic and business knowledge within a large media agency.
What will make you succeed
- Collaborate across the ideation, planning and creation of social content
- Act as a team player throughout all stages of our social media projects
- Support the wider social and influencer team in delivering work for our client.
- Communicate clearly with the team, including your direct team and wider business.
- Contribute to ideation and planning sessions across the business
- Consider our clients’ tone of voice and brand guidelines when planning and creating content
- Support the social team in educating our clients on platform best-practice, trending formats
- Influential Australian creators
- Advocate for our clients’ businesses and drive proactive opportunities within social
- Work with our Social Managers / Directors to develop your commercial understanding and how social content plays a role in the wider media landscape
- Develop your understanding of over-arching business goals and your role in contributing towards them
- Champion and deliver gold-standard social content on behalf of our clients
- Work with our Social Managers/ Directors to develop your skills inc. Identifying training workshop and tools as part of your day-to-day workflow
- Advocate for the latest social trends and tools to improve our work
- Demonstrated experience creating content for social media channels (including your own), particularly Meta and TikTok
- Strong understanding of key social platforms including Meta, TikTok, Pinterest and Snapchat.
- Knowledge and proven ways to stay up to date with social media trends and Australian creators.
- Examples of copyrighting for social media, with a strong grasp of grammar and ability to consider a brand’s tone of voice.
- Ability to edit and create content in-app (Instagram & TikTok), as well as using tools like Canva, Adobe, Figma, etc.
- Great communication skills, with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Some experience using social media management tools is a bonus (Later, Sprout, Sprinklr).
- A knowledge of entertainment, gaming and automotive brands/industries is beneficial.
- Experience using AI tools like Chat GPT is also a plus.
- Enthusiasm for learning and working as part of a team is essential.
What we can offer you
- Our ‘Strive’ flexible working policy
- Learning and Development Academy
- WPP Global Employee Discounts
- Reconnect Program (work in our offices overseas)
- Industry leading parental leave
- Birthday leave, Summer and Breakthrough days
- Culture initiatives across the year
- DE&I program