EssenceMediaCom | Business DirectorApply Now
We are EssenceMediacom
A truly global network with 120 offices and over 10,000 people operating in 96 markets, we are a new type of agency that creates breakthroughs for brands. We discover the breakthroughs that brands need to win; the discoveries, experiences, invention, integration and impact that will make a difference to their business. We are built to keep pace with change, built on data and technology, built for people and algorithms, built around diverse capability, built to test and learn at scale and, crucially, built to evolve.
Through the delivery of this breakthrough thinking, we will deliver our NZ agency purpose, to Demand Attention, and achieve our ultimate ambition, which is to be the most recommended agency amongst the world’s most influential brands.
These core beliefs are fundamental to our culture and how we work. We’re firm believers in building high performance teams (which is why you’re reading this!) that work fantastically well together to achieve to the highest levels. To do this, we have a set of values that underpin our culture:
• Curious: We are brilliant, creative, insightful thinkers who seek out fresh ideas, to get better every day.
• United: We are better together, and we value each and every member of our EssenceMediacom tribe.
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Head of Client Leadership (HoCL), the Business Director (BD) takes ultimate responsibility for the agency's relationship and performance with a portfolio of designated client accounts.
They ensure that all strategic and implementation recommendations deliver growth to our clients’ businesses, whilst driving growth for EssenceMediacom at the same time. To do this, they will develop and deepen EssenceMediacom’s relationship with its clients, command a thorough understanding of the breadth and depth of the agency’s product offering, lead and manage a team of people to deliver ongoing high performance in our client relationships, and effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate and optimise the entire process. Put simply, the BD operates as the key connection point between EssenceMediacom and the clients in their remit.
Knowledge & skillset requirements
Qualifications and experience
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent
• Extensive knowledge of the NZ media market, and a healthy interest in major Global markets
• Extensive people leadership and management experience
• Strong track record of proactive and progressive client leadership experience
• Significant knowledge of the digital environment and the changing communications landscape
• Strong commercial acumen, proven track record of delivering strong fiscal outcomes
Personal qualities and behavioural traits
• Continually challenges received wisdom and questions convention
• Looks beyond the obvious and outside of comfort zones
• Experiments widely, accepting that not everything will work
• Creates an environment where ideas come from anywhere
• Works closely with others, regardless of team or seniority
• Builds bonds across teams to make collaboration easier
• Offers and appreciates precise and future-focused feedback
• Follows through on commitments to others
• Respectfully says what needs to be said, even if it's hard
• Is driven by team success, not individual glory
• Takes pride in continuously developing both core craft and wider knowledge
• Intentionally seeks out diverse views and experiences to broaden worldview
• Creates an environment where people feel safe to speak up and be heard
• Is kind, positive, curious and considerate with others