EssenceMediacom | Manager - EcommerceApply Now
Manager - Ecommerce
Overview of job
We are currently looking for Manager - Ecommerce to join us. In this role, you will be responsible to manage the e-commerce media planning & execution for one of the largest CPG clients in India, managing e-commerce campaign operations and execution across marketplaces like Amazon, Flipkart, Big Basket etc. You will work as part of an integrated offline + digital team that manages the entire media strategy, planning & deployment mandate for the client in the India market. You will lead all campaign operations and reporting across Amazon, Flipkart and other digital platforms in collaboration with internal client team at WM & also the digital + e-commerce team POCs at the client end.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Group Head
3 best things about the job:
- A fun environment that combines the best of being entrepreneurial and being part of an award-winning & young global media agency network - the largest marketing services group in the world .
- Working on a fast-growing industry first E-commerce practice with access to multiple strategic partnerships, proprietary industry first tools and opportunity to grow in the e-commerce ecosystem
- A P&L management role where you will constantly be inspired, challenged and learn something new everyday
In this role, your goals will be:
In 3 months:
- Get an understanding of the clients e-commerce business & understand stakeholder engagement
- Complete handover & internalize brand playbooks, past & present e-commerce campaigns, best practice guidelines etc.
- POC mapping both internally and externally – manage all campaign related operations
- Support business leads and performance team on all e-commerce focused campaigns
In 6 months:
- Develop & internalize reporting formats and SLAs – streamline data requirements (internal & external) – work with 3P partners on report automation, dashboarding etc.
- Work with the e-commerce team leads & support on all campaign related operations and reporting requirements
- Achieve 100% certification on all e-commerce related platform trainings & certifications Eg: AMS (Amazon), Google, FB etc.
In 12 months:
- Work with E-commerce Team Lead to ensure 100% achievement of targets delivered to client
- Manage a daily/weekly/monthly tracking dashboard to track category>sub-category>brand level metrics – share with internal and external teams as per requirement
- Support in development of e-commerce media planning as part of the AOPs in collaboration with mainline + digital teams
Responsibilities of the role:
- Execute & Track performance of all performance led self-serve media commerce campaigns for the client, across search, display, DSP and off-platform performance marketing campaigns
- Be the SPOC on all campaign related operations & execution for the client across relevant platforms
- This will be an individual contributor role
What you will need:
- A smart / sharp leader who: Has an entrepreneurial spirit and is self-motivated
- Having an understanding of the e-commerce ecosystem & business landscape will be a plus
- Strong understanding of the digital ad & media platforms like Amazon Search, Google, FB, etc. -hands on experience of platform, understanding on key metrics & their business implication
- Have a minimum experience of 3+ years managing e-commerce/digital campaigns for leading brands/clients across various platforms
- Past experience of working in a media/e-commerce agency having managed media commerce campaigns or performance marketing campaigns for mid/large clients across categories like FMCG, Consumer Durables, Electronics etc.
More about EssenceMediacom:
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
2020 brought opportunities for brands to innovate because of which we saw an evolving media stack. The growth of digital is set to soar high because of changing consumer habits. With approximately 500 million smartphone users, low-priced data plans, 45 to 50 million e-commerce shoppers, approximately 60 OTT offerings and a young population, India is a mobile-first internet market. It is also one of the top 10 ad spend markets in the world and is set to climb the ranks. Global big tech corporations have made considerable investments in top e-commerce/retail ventures and Indian start-ups, blurring the lines between social media, e-commerce and mobile payments, resulting in disruption on an unimaginable scale.
At GroupM India, there’s never a dull moment between juggling client requests, managing vendor partners and having fun with your team. We believe in tackling challenges head-on and getting things done.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.