EssenceMediacom | Account DirectorApply Now
We are EssenceMediacom
A truly global network with 120 offices and over 10,000 people operating in 96 markets, we are a new type of agency that creates breakthroughs for brands. We discover the breakthroughs that brands need to win; the discoveries, experiences, invention, integration and impact that will make a difference to their business. We are built to keep pace with change, built on data and technology, built for people and algorithms, built around diverse capability, built to test and learn at scale and, crucially, built to evolve.
Through the delivery of this breakthrough thinking, we will deliver our NZ agency purpose, to Demand Attention, and achieve our ultimate ambition, which is to be the most recommended agency amongst the world’s most influential brands.
These core beliefs are fundamental to our culture and how we work. We’re firm believers in building high performance teams (which is why you’re reading this!) that work fantastically well together to achieve to the highest levels. To do this, we have a set of values that underpin our culture:
• Curious: We are brilliant, creative, insightful thinkers who seek out fresh ideas, to get better every day.
• United: We are better together, and we value each and every member of our MediaCom tribe.
• Driven: Through our collective energy, desire and determination, we make things happen.
Purpose of the role
The Account Director (AD) effectively manages the day-to-day requirements of a set portfolio of assigned clients, including briefing, workflow, quality, and budget control ensuring that the client is continually delighted with our work.
The AD ensures that all recommendations and campaign executions deliver growth to our clients’ businesses. To do this, they will deepen EssenceMediacom’s relationship with its clients, have a thorough understanding of the breadth and depth of EssenceMediacom’s product offering, and effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to constantly bring effective and innovative solutions to our clients.
The AD will care as much about execution as strategy, leading the team process to ensure the strategy is executed and delivered wholeheartedly.
Knowledge & skillset requirements
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent
• 7+ years’ media agency experience
• Strong knowledge of the NZ media market, and a healthy interest in major Global markets
• Strong client leadership experience
• Strong people management experience
• Significant knowledge of the digital environment and the changing communications landscape
• Developing commercial acumen, with some experience of managing the fiscal aspect of client relationships
Personal qualities and behavioural traits
• Continually challenges received wisdom and questions convention
• Looks beyond the obvious and outside of comfort zones
• Experiments widely, accepting that not everything will work
• Creates an environment where ideas come from anywhere
• Works closely with others, regardless of team or seniority
• Builds bonds across teams to make collaboration easier
• Offers and appreciates precise and future-focused feedback
• Follows through on commitments to others
• Respectfully says what needs to be said, even if it's hard
• Is driven by team success, not individual glory
• Takes pride in continuously developing both core craft and wider knowledge
• Intentionally seeks out diverse views and experiences to broaden worldview
• Creates an environment where people feel safe to speak up and be heard
• Is kind, positive, curious and considerate with others