PSYCHIATRIC NURSE PRACTITIONER- PART TIME
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, traveling, driving or having reliable transportation; written communication; relationship building with community partners and funders; utilizing a computer for documentation, telehealth and conducting research; attending meetings; and presenting to small and large groups.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Conduct psychiatric patient evaluations to determine medication needs. Document evaluations and interactions with patients in the electronic health record.
- Prescribe pharmacologic therapies including controlled substances.
- Monitor progress and to make any necessary changes to patients’ medications.
- Facilitate direct patient admissions into hospitals when needed.
- Complete clinical documentation to assist patients in acquiring and maintaining disability or other assistance programs.
- Assessment for appropriateness of gender affirming surgery or hormone treatment.
- Participate in weekly multidisciplinary team meetings to develop coordinated treatment plans.
- Consult with Collaborating Physician during a regularly scheduled meeting.
- Educate patients on HIV disease and psychiatric issues.
- Provide informative trainings to direct service staff several times during the year on topics such as common drugs for the treatment of mental health conditions. Presentation content will be developed in coordination with the Director of BH and EH medical director
- Assist with the development and implementation of behavioral health clinic policies and procedures, clinical workflow, continuous quality improvement standards and program monitoring.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with the HIV medical community and mental health community to enhance patient access to services including specialists and consultant care.
- Continually update own knowledge of HIV/AIDS through reading, conference attendance, lectures and other educational opportunities.
- Participate in activities related to Meaningful Use, patient centered medical home certification and other accreditations like CARF and FQHC.
- Help to integrate the Equitas Health Medical Center and Pharmacy operations to maximize the number of patients enrolled in both services.
- Demonstrate unconditional positive regard to clients and conduct all aspects of job responsibilities with a focus on exceptional customer service.
- Continuously grow and develop cultural competency, exhibiting an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating unconditional positive regard to all Equitas Health employees, interns, etc. with an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Other medical center and pharmacy related duties as assigned.