Medical Assistant - $1500 signing bonus
The Medical Assistant supports the clinical team by completing clinical and administrative tasks related to patient care at the direction of the nurse (RN/LPN) or provider (MD/DO/NP/PA).
SALARY RANGE: $37,000-$46,200
SIGNING BONUS $1,500.00
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, traveling, driving or having reliable transportation; written communication; utilizing a computer for typing and patient care; attending meetings.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Room patients, obtain vitals, and update basic health information in electronic health record (EHR).
- Review and complete daily tasks such as answering phones, completing prior authorizations, and handling medical records requests as requested by Leadership.
- Administer injections (intramuscular, subcutaneous, or intradermal) as ordered and log all medications administered in appropriate logs and trackers.
- Prepare exam rooms for patient visits by sterilizing and cleaning surfaces, and restocking supplies.
- Assist provider with procedures as indicated.
- Document all care provided and interactions with patients in the EHR.
- Process patient referrals for specialty care and follow-up, as needed, to ensure quality specialty care was provided.
- Provide follow up phone calls to clients or other professionals as needed.
- Adhere to the Equitas Health Care Corporate Compliance Standards of Conduct and all related policies and procedures.
- Participate in other agency meetings as requested by Leadership.
- Demonstrate unconditional positive regard to clients and conduct all aspects of job responsibilities with a focus on exceptional customer service.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating unconditional positive regard to all Equitas Health employees, interns, etc. with an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Conduct special projects and perform any other related duties as assigned by Leadership
- Anticipate the customers’ needs and take proactive steps to meet those needs by listening and taking responsibility within scope to ensure issues are resolved.
- Assure a clean, orderly, and functional work environment
- Is an effective team member who is flexible, cooperative, and willing to assist others
- Manage difficult or conflict situations constructively and seek appropriate assistance
- Act as a resource and mentor to new employees, students, and other team members
- Actively participate in departmental professional development activities
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant Certificate program
- Current certification in CPR/BLS.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Qualifications:
- One year or greater experience as a Medical Assistant.
- Experience working in electronic health records required. Epic experience preferred.
- Ability to work Saturdays.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills required
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, Gender Affirming Care, sexual practices, chemical dependency and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required.
- Reliable transportation, driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. EOE/AA