BSW LSW PSYCHIATRIC TECHNICIAN $1,000 SIGNING BONUS!!
The Psychiatric Technician is responsible for assisting with and coordinating integrated mental health care in the Health Care continuum at Equitas Health. Psychiatric Technicians are able to respond to the mental health and recovery needs of patients being seen in the Health Center that need more immediate care through in-person, by phone or by telehealth visits with providers. The Psychiatric Technician will be review schedules each morning, attending any rounding to anticipate patients’ needs through the day as well as attend patient appointments with providers as needed to assist with the integration of mental health into all visits. The Technician under supervision is able to make a determination regarding the level of care the patient needs and work with health center staff on assisting with hospitalization, safety planning and short term counseling. The Technician will also triage referrals for gender affirming care surgery letters, medication assistance, outpatient counseling and psychiatry services. The Technician will also play an important role in bridging care while waiting for a more permanent therapist. The Psychiatric Technician will operate in accordance with the established professional standards and guidelines as stated by the Ohio Revised Code and put forth by the Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage and Family Therapist Board. The individual will operate in accordance with the established professional standards and guidelines for the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) or American Counseling Association (ACA) and agrees to adhere to NASW or ACA standards.
Starting salary: $48,900+ (grade 6), commensurate with experience.
SIGNING BONUS $1,000.00
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to; assessing treatment needs, linking patients with providers, bridging patients between visits, referring patients to mental health services outside of Equitas Health. Psychiatric Technicians will also assist with crisis intervention and urgent care needs. The position requires excellent skills in coordination, communication and documentation in an electronic medical record system, utilizing telehealth, phone as well as in persons visits with patients, attending meetings, and producing clear, understandable, and timely documentation.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Facilitate and manage the integration of mental health and recovery into the day to day Health Center care continuum.
- Meet patients during their Health Care visit as determined by the clinical lead in Medical or Pharmacy to assess urgent and ongoing needs including identifying needed mental health and recovery services and link the identified patients to these resources
- Maintain mental health and recovery services resource packet identifying appropriate resources for clinic patients.
- Identify appropriate levels of care and treatment needs for Equitas Health patients and community members.
- Engage in data collection and application of that data in various ways to meet the needs of the department and organization overall.
- Will assist Psychiatric Consultants and the Clinical Supervisor in ongoing training for Equitas Health Employees
- Place referrals into EPIC or coordinate with providers and services outside of Equitas Health.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals involved in caring for shared patient via Epic, email, phone, or face to face interactions.
- Manage and bridge patients between visits with providers and while waiting for care.
- When necessary complete comprehensive, patient focused assessments, treatment plans and treatment evaluations for patient.
- Assist with crisis and urgent mental health needs interventions, including brief therapeutic interventions, crisis assessments to determine an appropriate level of care, and safety plan under supervision.
- Assist in development and facilitation of support groups.
- Demonstrate unconditional positive regard to clients and conduct all aspects of job responsibilities with a focus on exceptional customer service.
- Maintain records as directed by agency policies and procedures
- Provide high quality outpatient mental health and recovery intervention for patients seeking an affirming health care home.
- Complete HIV/AIDS, BIPOC and LGBTQ specific training to keep informed about current research and psychotherapy interventions.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in social work.
- Minimum of LSW.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working in health/mental health/substance abuse setting preferred.
- Must have demonstrated competency and interest in working with people who identify as LGBTQ, Persons of Color and Persons with HIV/AIDS.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required.
- Reliable transportation, driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
- Knowledge and adherence to professional standards and ethics.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA