Monkeypox Support RN
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, traveling, driving or having reliable transportation; written communication; relationship building with community partners and funders; utilizing a computer for typing and patient care; attending meetings; and presenting to small groups.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- In-person and telephonic triage and assessment related to MPX
- Administer MPX testing
- Administer MPX vaccines
- Appropriate specimen handling
- Patient registration
- Patient scheduling
- Patient education related to MPX
- Assist in the development of protocols and workflow as needed to help clinic run efficiently.
- Work with Nurse Lead to ensure that medical supplies are in stock and organized.
- Assist and support the provision of medical and nursing care throughout the clinic.
- Provide direct nursing care to patients accessing the Equitas Health Medical Center, including, phlebotomy, immunizations, injections, and health maintenance screenings.
- Follow approved nursing and clinic protocols and procedures when providing care to patients to meet the nursing needs of patients.
- Review and complete daily tasks as requested by the Providers, Nurse Lead, and Clinic Manager.
- Document all care provided and communications held with/on behalf of patients within one day.
- Comply with the Equitas Health, Corporate Compliance Standards of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Play key role on multidisciplinary team in providing a medical home for patients. Work with patients, physician, pharmacist, therapists, and case managers to develop appropriate treatment plans.
- Demonstrate unconditional positive regard to clients and conduct all aspects of job responsibilities with a focus on exceptional customer service.
- Continuously grow and develop cultural competency, exhibiting an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating unconditional positive regard to all Equitas Health employees, interns, etc. with an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Conduct special projects and perform any other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Qualifications:
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, Gender Affirming Care, sexual practices, chemical dependency and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required
- Epic experience preferred.
- Reliable transportation, driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA