Health Advocacy Supervisor
Responsible for the clinical and programmatic coordination and implementation of HIV Case Management Program, including but not limited to case management, navigation programs and housing programs to meet the needs of clients requesting case management assistance. The individual will operate in accordance with the established professional standards and guidelines as stated by the Ohio Revised Code and put forth by the Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage and Family Therapist Board. Client Advocacy operates in accordance with the established professional standards and guidelines for the National Association of Social Workers (NASW).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to travel and having reliable transportation to engage with community partners; and utilizing a computer for typing and attending meetings, and working within health records.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide high quality supervision to Case Managers and Navigators with a focus on viral suppression and other improved HIV related health outcomes through reviewing documentation, putting theory into practice, and advanced continuing education.
- Provide training and utilization support to staff related to HIV and related health determinants, health record systems and other software, and program and level of service specific procedures.
- Manage intake, assignment, transfer, and closure processes per agency and funder guidelines.
- Evaluate staff caseloads through ongoing review of assessments, individual case plans, and other related documentation to ensure appropriateness for services, ongoing engagement of client and client’s personal and formal supports, and adherence to funder requirements.
- Provide assistance and coaching when lethality assessments and crisis intervention(s) are required. Supervisor will ensure consult occurs, Case Managers and Navigators follow through on developed plan, and all appropriate referrals and documentation are completed.
- Organizes various elements of an assignment, event, or project. Ensures required resources are available and utilized correctly, work is not duplicated, timelines are followed, and deadlines are met. Communicates with all participants and promptly and aptly manages difficulties.
- Complete timely client and staff reporting functions per by funder and agency guidelines.
- Participate in all preparation efforts for funder audits, site visits, and monitoring
- Identify and engage health care professionals in the region to provide quality services to HIV+ individuals and establish new relationships in collaboration with ODH.
- Represent Equitas Health within the community in order to provide education and advocacy about the strengths and needs associated with individuals living with HIV.
- Facilitate and participate in community outreach events, as necessary and appropriate, to support Client Advocacy and Equitas Health services.
- Supervisor is responsible to ensure all documentation is maintained through Equitas Health, ODH, and other software systems. All documentation will be recorded and complete within two business days (48 hours) of provided service.
- Oversight of confidentiality practices to ensure all staff are adhering to confidentiality policies, HIPAA, and other established professional standards and guidelines.
- Responds to change with a positive attitude and demonstrates a willingness to learn new methods both on an individual and organizational level. Is able to adapt, control, and apply change principles within their work and team environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ensure that action items and updates are provided to staff proactively. Listens and responds to feedback from clients, staff, and community partners and encourages an open expression of ideas, opinions, and feedback.
- Promotes a collaborative, cooperative, and productive working environment, as well as demonstrates sensitivity, team building, support, and respect.
- Implementation and oversight of productivity measurements, contacts and visits schedules, documentation, peer review audits, program specific procedures, agency specific processes, and other utilization and audit activities.
- Maintain overall satisfaction while focusing on the efficiency of employees through establishing a positive workplace environment, being mindful of morale, and aligning team productivity with company strategies and objectives.
- Manage hiring processes, including interviews and onboarding processes for new employees.
- Demonstrates continuous growth and development related to Equitas Health Values, exhibiting an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity, inclusion, and cultural humility.
- Utilize email, Microsoft Teams, phone, and other telecommunication options to participate in meetings across sites.
- Other duties as assigned related to this position by supervisor.
- Minimum of LISW required and Master Degree required.
- LISW-S preferred.
- Five years of direct-service experience, preferably in community-based case management or a community-based health-care setting.
- One year of supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Qualifications:
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, chemical dependency, chronic disease management, and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required.
- Must have valid Ohio driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must have knowledge and adherence to social work standards and ethics.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. EOE/AA