Medical Assistant - Cincinnati Medical Center
The Medical Assistant supports the clinical team by completing administrative tasks related to patient care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, traveling, driving or having reliable transportation; written communication; utilizing a computer for typing and patient care; attending meetings.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Room patients, obtain vitals and update basic health information in electronic health record (EHR).
- Review and complete daily tasks such as scanning, completing referral requests, answering phones, prior authorizations and handling medical records requests as requested by nursing management.
- Log all medications administered in appropriate logs, ensuring that all are accounted for against proper inventory accounts.
- Prepare exam rooms for patient visits by sterilizing and cleaning surfaces, and restocking supplies.
- Document all care provided and interactions with patients in the EHR.
- Process patient referrals for specialty care and follow-up, as needed, to ensure quality specialty care was provided.
- Complete data entry.
- Work in a collaborative manner with medical case managers to ensure that patient paperwork is completed.
- Provide follow up phone calls to clients or other professionals as needed.
- Comply with the Equitas Health Care Corporate Compliance Standards of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Participate in other agency meetings as requested by supervisor including continuous quality improvement committee meetings.
- Demonstrate unconditional positive regard to clients and conduct all aspects of job responsibilities with a focus on exceptional customer service.
- Continuously grow and develop cultural competency, exhibiting an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating unconditional positive regard to all Equitas Health employees, interns, etc. with an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Conduct special projects and perform any other related duties as assigned by the Nurse Practitioner or Medical Director.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Qualifications:
- Certification as a Medical Assistant
- Certification in CPR/BLS.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- One year or greater experience as a Medical Assistant.
- Experience working in electronic health records required. Epic experience preferred.
- Ability to work Saturdays.
- Exemplary customer service as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, chemical dependency and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required.
- Reliable transportation, driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA