Medical Assistant - $1,000 Sign On Bonus
Equitas Health is seeking a Registered or Certified Medical Assistant to join our team at the Dayton Medical Center. Qualified applicants will have at least 1-2 years experience as a Medical Assistant, a strong work ethic, enjoy working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, and have a demonstrated passion for serving the LGBTQ community, as well as patients at risk or impacted by HIV/AIDS and individuals from a diverse array of backgrounds.
The Medical Assistant position promotes the mission, vision, and values of Equitas Health by providing support to the clinical team by completing administrative tasks related to patient care.
*SIGN-ON BONUS; $1000 WITH A ONE YEAR COMMITMENT
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to provide direct and indirect patient care services in order to meet needs of Equitas Health patients. Provide care that reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations. Must be able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment and able to perform general medical assistant duties under the supervision of licensed health care professional and within the scope of
SIGN-ON BONUS: $1000 WITH ONE YEAR COMMITMENT
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Prepare exam rooms for patient visits by sterilizing and cleaning surfaces, and restocking supplies.
- Room patients, obtain vitals, and update basic health information in electronic health records (EHR).
- Prepares patients for examinations and performs routine screening tests
- Assists physician with exams
- Performs basic lab tests such as phlebotomy and collection of other lab specimens.
- Prepares and administers medications with physician authorization
- Log all medications administered in appropriate logs, ensuring that all are accounted for against proper inventory accounts.
- Practices OSHA safety standards
- Performs accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times
- Document all care provided and interactions with patients in the EHR.
- Review and complete daily tasks such as scanning, completing referral requests, answering phones, prior authorizations and handling medical records requests as requested by nursing management.
- Process patient referrals for specialty care and follow-up, as needed, to ensure quality specialty care was provided.
- Work in a collaborative manner with medical case managers to ensure that patient paperwork is completed.
- Provide follow-up phone calls to clients or other professionals as needed.
- Comply with the Equitas Health Care Corporate Compliance Standards of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Participate in other agency meetings as requested by supervisor including continuous quality improvement committee meetings.
- Demonstrate unconditional positive regard to clients and conduct all aspects of job responsibilities with a focus on exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrate excellent work ethics and communication skills
- Continuously grow and develop cultural competency, exhibiting an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Upholds HIPAA regulations
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating unconditional positive regard to all Equitas Health employees, interns, etc. with an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Qualifications:
- An active CMA or RMA licensure.
- Certification in CPR/BLS.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- One year or greater experience as a Medical Assistant.
- Experience working in electronic health records is required. Epic experience preferred.
- Ability to work Saturdays.
- Exemplary customer service as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in, and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, chemical dependency, and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and the gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required.
- Reliable transportation, driver’s license, and proof of auto insurance required.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA