Prevention Program Specialist
Established in 1984, Equitas Health is a regional nonprofit community healthcare system. A federally-designated Community Health Center, it is one of the largest LGBTQ+ and HIV/AIDS serving healthcare organizations in the United States. With 21 offices in 13 cities, Equitas Health serves tens of thousands of patients in Ohio, Kentucky, and West Virginia each year through patient-centered, integrated, and cutting edge services, including primary and specialized medical care, pharmacy, dentistry, behavioral health, HIV/STI treatment and prevention, PrEP/PEP, Ryan White/HIV case management, care navigation, advocacy, and other community health initiatives. The Equitas Health Pharmacy is an integral and essential part of the health center’s comprehensive care and business models, reinvesting 100% of profits back into the organization’s programs and services. Equitas Health operates pharmacies serving patients in Ohio and Texas.
The Equitas Health Institute and the Buckeye Region Anti-Violence Organization (BRAVO) are divisions of Equitas Health.
The Prevention Program Specialist is responsible for general office duties, acting as a hotline operator, resource maintenance, and support for the Statewide Initiatives programs. The Statewide Initiatives programs are funded by the Ohio Department of Health and are comprised of the Ohio HIV/STI Hotline, outreach campaign, the Ohio Youth Leadership Summit (OYLS) the Free Condom Project, and the OHIV.org website. The individual will operate in accordance with established department and agency protocols and ethical standards.
POSITION TYPE: Part Time - 25/hours a week.
PAY RANGE: $15 - 17.30/hour
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Maintain accurate Hotline information and referral sources.
- Provide information and referrals around HIV, STIs, and related issues to all people in Ohio.
- Enter and record all Hotline statistical data.
- Assist in maintaining Hotline's social media pages and online presence.
- Review and recommend potential resources that are culturally relevant to hotline users.
- Stay informed about current HIV& STI trends, developments, as well as state-of-the-art prevention efforts and strategies.
- Maintain records, electronic databases, type interview transcripts, maintain correspondence and filing, duplicating and providing program support
- Work collaboratively with Coordinator(s) and agency staff to assist with program-specific and general support.
- Demonstrate unconditional positive regard to clients and conduct all aspects of job responsibilities with a focus on exceptional customer service.
- Continuously grow and develop cultural competency, exhibiting an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating unconditional positive regard to all Equitas Health employees, interns, etc. with an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Maintenance of website and social media as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of high school diploma; Associate or Bachelor degree preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Knowledge and experience with the diversity of the gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community and persons of color required.
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in, and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, and sexual orientations.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required.
- Proficiency in social media platforms required.
- Reliable transportation, driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
Background checks and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA