Program Support Specialist
Established in 1984, Equitas Health is a regional not-for-profit community-based healthcare system and federally qualified community health center look-alike. Its expanded mission has made it one of the nation’s largest HIV/AIDS, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer/questioning (LGBTQ) healthcare organizations. With 17 offices in 11 cities, it serves more than 67,000 individuals in Ohio, Kentucky, and West Virginia each year through its diverse healthcare and social service delivery system focused around: primary and specialized medical care, retail pharmacy, dental, behavioral health, HIV/STI prevention, advocacy, and community health initiatives.
The Equitas Health Pharmacy operates as a social enterprise for Equitas Health; 100% of profits are reinvested back into the organization’s programs and services. For more information, visit equitashealth.com or find them on Facebook or Twitter.
The Program Support Specialist is responsible for general office duties, utilization review and quality assurance, and support of the Client Advocacy Department within the organization.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Assist with program-specific and general support, including but not limited to data entry, maintaining records and databases, correspondence, scheduling, supply orders, and filing
- Prepare a variety of written materials (e.g. correspondence, memos, fiscal and statistical reports, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Participates in all preparation efforts for funder audits, site visits, and monitoring visits
- Responsible for collecting and maintaining data related to supervision, training, grant writing, staffing, and quality improvement purposes
- Manage scheduled submissions for federal, state, agency, and board purposes to ensure that all reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Return client, provider, and other stakeholder correspondence (phone, paper, electronic, fax, etc.) within 2 business days
- Conduct client satisfaction and staff satisfaction surveys at least annually in coordination with the Program Specialist Supervisor and Support Services Manager.
- Manage department meetings through scheduling, creating agendas, and supporting guest speakers, as well as arranging the location and physical space setups when needed
- Assist with Intranet and Internet website updates as appropriate
- Participate in Anti-Racism and Diversity, Education, and Inclusion activities
- Demonstrate unconditional positive regard to clients and conduct all aspects of job responsibilities with a focus on exceptional customer service
- Continuously grow and develop cultural competency and cultural humility, exhibiting an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
Completed coursework towards an associate degree with a minimum of one year of experience working in a community-based agency/setting required.
Strong written and verbal communication skills required
Knowledge of EHR systems preferred
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in, and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, and a demonstrated competence and interest in working with persons of the transgender, non-binary or gender non-conforming community.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required
- Proficiency in social media platforms preferred
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA