Director of Human Resources
Equitas Health requires employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
Are you a culture-carrier with a passion to help others succeed? Are you an inclusive-minded leader who recognizes the important role HR plays in driving the people agenda and strategy forward for an organization? As Equitas Health’s Director of Human Resources you will guide and manage the overall provision of HR services, policies, and programs for the entire company. The major areas directed are: protocol and procedure development, career progression, succession planning, recruiting and staffing, compensation, payroll, and performance management, coordination of benefits, legal compliance, and management /employee coaching.
STARTING SALARY RANGE:
$105,611 - $132,013
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
In this role, you will closely partner with Equitas Health’s senior leaders to align on an HR strategy for the organization that puts employees and clients first. You will provide a full spectrum of both strategic and tactical support and programs to support employees and managers.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Builds the HR strategy and infrastructure to address the growing needs of the company.
- Builds, develops, and manages a competent Human Resource team, including supervision of staff.
- Selects and supervises HR consultants, attorneys, and training specialists, and coordinates company use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators, and other outside sources.
- Ensures department policies, programs, and initiatives are consistent with current practices. Establishes company wage and salary structure and oversees the variable pay systems within the company including bonuses and raises.
- Establishes departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company's strategic goals. Develop reports to show achievement of these metrics and goals.
- Ensures complete and accurate recording and maintenance of personnel and hiring information in the Human Resource Information System (HRIS) including accurate and timely recording of time and attendance records, and payroll processing in conjunction with the finance department.
- Support and work with the department heads to understand current and future goals and trends that may impact workforce needs and initiatives. Proactively engage with leaders on HR strategy through workforce planning, organizational design and structure.
- Verifies all hired staff meet the company and legal requirements of their position and in the case of medical practitioners are credentials and privileged with the Board of Directors.
- Ensures all new staff receive a complete orientation; establishes and directs employee reward and recognition programs. Leads the organization in use of performance appraisal process.
- Identifies and monitors the organization’s culture to support the attainment of the company’s goals and promote employee satisfaction and engagement. Provide guidance to leadership on the impact of projects and decisions on the culture.
- Work closely with the Sr. Director of Equity to drive diversity initiatives and consideration for talent movement, diverse recruiting/retention/representation.
- Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the company, including termination. Conducts investigations and makes recommendations to upper management regarding employee concerns.
- With the assistance of the CFO, obtains employee serving benefits; monitors national benefits environment for options and cost savings.
- Leads company compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to EEO, ADA, FMLA, ERISA, the Department of Labor, worker compensation, OSHA, and so forth. Ensure that managers are trained on these requirements. Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
- The Director of Human Resources assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the CPCO and CEO.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or equivalent to five to ten years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have valid Ohio driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Basic knowledge of local, state and federal laws related to employment and payroll law.
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, chemical dependency and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community.
- Ability to effectively respond to and interact with all organization staff. Competencies include excellent presentation/facilitation, organizational, analytical, interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
- Must be a team player and must have experience leading teams, and an ability to influence, engage, and inspire at all levels throughout a highly-matrixed organization
- Requires high level computer expertise, including proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications use of database, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications. Experience with HRIS systems required.
- Flexible, innovative and the ability to excel in a fast paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment, and work efficiently without constant supervision.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and must possess impeccable judgment. Must also be able to balance the complex needs of the organization, managers, employees, and community stakeholders, while maintaining confidentiality.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. EOE/AA