Our client is looking for SCADA Specialist to perform SCADA system support and maintenance for a liquids pipeline SCADA system.
W2 Employment only.
Industry: Oil & Gas
Contract to Hire
Location – Houston, TX.
No C2C, No Sponsorship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- System Configuration and Administration.
- Databases and Graphical Displays for Control Center Operations
- System interfaces, business data processes, and reporting.
- Work with the Engineering Department, CRM and Control Center on projects to determine points that need to be brought back into the SCADA system when performing SCADA integration of remote field sites.
- Participate in detailed CAT and lineouts testing to meet regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with the Network group to configure and test communications from the SCADA System to remote PLC’s and Flow Computers.
- Work with field technicians in a real-time environment to troubleshoot data problems and communication problems between the remote PLC site and SCADA.
- Work with the pipeline controllers to make sure the SCADA application is always providing them the ability to control the pipeline.
- Provide 24x7 support to the Control Center on a rotational basis
- Document changes, obtain required approvals, and submit changes
- Other duties as required
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent. Experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- 2 - 5 years of experience with SCADA systems.
- CygNet SCADA experience is a plus but other Automation, EFM Collection or SCADA Systems experience will be considered.
- Refined Products, Gas, and/or Liquids pipeline experience preferred with a working knowledge of measurement technologies, process control automation, device protocols, networking, and telecommunications.
- Strong problem solving, technical, and functional skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and be willing to learn.
- Knowledge of file structures, data structures, graphics editors and scientific programming languages.
- Experience working with the Windows operating system and server administration.
- Must be able to follow controlled procedures, adhere to database and display standards and change management procedures.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Independently prioritize work to handle multiple concurrent projects to achieve results.
- Must be able to take direction, work well in a team environment, and interact with all levels of management, engineering, systems, operations and field personnel
- A working knowledge of real-time systems, particularly SCADA systems or PLCs is preferred.
- An individual with software development experience, preferably in the .Net environment, and experience working with SQL Server, T-SQL, PowerShell is highly desirable.
- A basic understanding of pipeline hydraulics, with attention to leak detection and product batch tracking.
- A basic understanding of RTU communication protocols and TCP/ IP communications.
- CygNet SCADA application with remote site integration experience.
- Familiarity with PHMSA Control Room Management (CRM) processes and guidelines.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document
HOW YOU'LL GROW AT EPMA
We believe in the investment of our people. Strong client results and company growth is a direct result of our focus on personal growth for every single employee. With regular reviews and measurable development plans, we help you focus on the skills and knowledge you need to succeed. From on-the-job learning to professional development programs, we help you to grow throughout your career and ready you for the opportunities that lie ahead.
BE INSPIRED our 10 core values are at the forefront of everything we do. We take pride in investing in the development of our people, because they are part of the EPMA family and DNA. Call us old fashioned, but we believe in building talent, and we take pride in preparing our future leaders and innovators. You will find a fun, exciting and rewarding career at EPMA.
Since 2010, EPMA has quickly earned credibility as a trusted leader in Project and Portfolio Management Services helping local businesses to Global 50 companies deliver projects with greater efficiency and success. Our ability to attract the most talented people and empower them to make a difference for our clients is part of what makes EPMA one of the Top Companies to work for in Texas, and one of the Best and Brightest companies to work for in the nation. We are also on the Inc. 5000 list as one of the fastest growing, privately held companies in America today.
EPMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassments of Any Kind: EPMA is made up of a very diverse group of individuals representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At EPMA, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. EPMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
***** EMPLOYMENT RECRUITING FRAUD ALERT *****
EPMA is aware of several instances of employment recruiting fraud, and we have reached out to the proper authorities to try to put a stop to these scams.
Please know that any correspondence from EPMA will come ONLY from an @epmainc.com or @jobvite.com email addresses, we do not conduct interviews in chat rooms, we do not use personal, gmail, Hotmail or such email addresses, text messages, we would never solicit money from a potential candidate, and we would not request sensitive personal information like bank account and social security numbers via email or during an interview.
If you feel you’ve been a victim of employment recruiting fraud and are at risk of identity theft, click here for additional steps to report the issue and/ or protect yourself. You can also file a complain with the Internet Crime Complaint Center.
Please read a press release on Job applicant PII fraud from the FBI.