Java Full Stack Developer - W2 only
Our client and their Products and Platforms team is committed to developing innovative commercial software solutions for some of the world’s largest energy, manufacturing, large industrial, and governmental clients to help improve their investment planning and other processes. Our client and their deep and broad experience in complex industries, they future-proof their client’s portfolio and turn data into action across the entire asset life cycle.
This role will be contributing to the design, implementation, testing, and maintenance of both new and existing features for client’s commercial software product suite. Many of skills required span client’s full technology stack.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to understand requirements and build software solutions for our clients.
- Assists with business process and requirement analysis to determine the best solution for the client.
- Participate in a team environment, building software products and solutions.
- Participates in quality assurance practices.
- Leads or assists with the creation of training documentation.
- Effectively communicate project status to Senior Staff and Leadership.
- Assist with product and solution support efforts.
- Ability to utilize problem solving skills to maintain product and solution quality.
You will work with several of our core technologies
Back-end: Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Data, Spring Cloud Streams, Spring Security, RabbitMQ
Cloud: Microsoft Azure
PaaS: Azure Spring Apps/Vmware Tanzu
You will work with several of the following patterns & tools:
Souce Control: Azure Git, Github
Patterns: Microservices, Event Driven, REST, Cloud Native, SPA
DevOps Tooling: Docker, Azure DevOps
Testing: Cucumber, JUnit, Spring Test, Mockito
All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 3 years if substituting for degree requirement
- You have good working knowledge on Object Oriented concepts
- You have strong computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced, collaborative, Agile/Scrum project environment.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
- You’re smart, versatile, and passionate about delivering the highest caliber of code.
- Excellent communication ability with team members and clients in English.
- Motivated to work with and learn a variety technologies and languages
- Experience with Java is highly preferred
- Experience with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud technologies
- Experience with Git and/or Azure DevOps
- Experience in an Agile Scrum environment
- Experience with one or more facets of the Spring stack is preferred
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases (MongoDB is highly preferred)
- Experience with HTML, CSS, web fonts, and Bootstrap are also highly preferred
- Experience with Azure and/or AWS Cloud platforms is highly preferred
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
HOW YOU'LL GROW AT EPMA
We believe in the investment of our people. Strong client results and company growth is a direct result of our focus on personal growth for every single employee. With regular reviews and measurable development plans, we help you focus on the skills and knowledge you need to succeed. From on-the-job learning to professional development programs, we help you to grow throughout your career and ready you for the opportunities that lie ahead.
BE INSPIRED our 10 core values are at the forefront of everything we do. We take pride in investing in the development of our people, because they are part of the EPMA family and DNA. Call us old fashioned, but we believe in building talent, and we take pride in preparing our future leaders and innovators. You will find a fun, exciting and rewarding career at EPMA.
Since 2010, EPMA has quickly earned credibility as a trusted leader in Project and Portfolio Management Services helping local businesses to Global 50 companies deliver projects with greater efficiency and success. Our ability to attract the most talented people and empower them to make a difference for our clients is part of what makes EPMA one of the Top Companies to work for in Texas, and one of the Best and Brightest companies to work for in the nation. We are also on the Inc. 5000 list as one of the fastest growing, privately held companies in America today.
EPMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassments of Any Kind: EPMA is made up of a very diverse group of individuals representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At EPMA, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. EPMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
***** EMPLOYMENT RECRUITING FRAUD ALERT *****
EPMA is aware of several instances of employment recruiting fraud, and we have reached out to the proper authorities to try to put a stop to these scams.
Please know that any correspondence from EPMA will come ONLY from an @epmainc.com or @jobvite.com email addresses, we do not conduct interviews in chat rooms, we do not use personal, gmail, Hotmail or such email addresses, text messages, we would never solicit money from a potential candidate, and we would not request sensitive personal information like bank account and social security numbers via email or during an interview.
If you feel you’ve been a victim of employment recruiting fraud and are at risk of identity theft, click here for additional steps to report the issue and/ or protect yourself. You can also file a complain with the Internet Crime Complaint Center.
Please read a press release on Job applicant PII fraud from the FBI.