Sr. Scrum Master - W2 only
Our client is looking for a talented Sr. Scrum Master who will be supporting multiple agile teams (generally 2) in the learning, adoption, and application of agile mindset, values, and principles. The Senior Scrum Master will guide, coach, and mentor teams along their agile journey as they apply the appropriate framework (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.) to deliver on organizational goals and objectives while becoming self-managed, high performing teams.
The Senior Scrum Master will also champion adoption of the agile mindset across the larger organization through business and stakeholder engagement, facilitation of information/training sessions, and exemplifying the spirit of agile.
Long term Contract - 12+ months.
Location- Remote, USA (May request travel to Houston as appropriate)
Industry- Power & Utilities
W2 employment- No C2C/ No Sponsorship
***Prefer experience across multiple business environments/organizations***
- Acting as a peer mentor to other Scrum Masters and partners with Agile Coaches to drive agility throughout the organization
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum/Kanban practices and values to delight customers.
- Coaching the team on how to get the most out of self-organization and filling the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum/Kanban frameworks.
- Assessing the Agile Maturity of the team and organization while coaching the team and the organization towards higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for both.
- Causing the removal of impediments while teaching/coaching the team to proactively identify, manage, and remove impediments for itself by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building and fostering a trusting, psychologically safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially in refining and maintaining a healthy product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
- Additional activities, such as regular reporting on team performance and maturity, periodic presentations/conversations with leadership, etc., in support and pursuit of agile growth and maturity of teams and the organization.
- 7+ years of experience as a Scrum Master leading multiple software development project teams to deliver high quality software solutions using Agile techniques in a high paced, customer focused environment
Certified Scrum Master
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Advanced Agile Certifications
- Experience with facilitation, continuous improvement, empowerment of teams, creating transparency, and servant leadership
- Polished communication skills when interacting with management and stakeholders
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and/or experience with Agile software development approaches i.e., Automated Testing, User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Testing, Pairing, Agile Games, etc.
- Familiarity and experience with Agile Tools - (e.g., ADO, Rally, Jira, TFS, etc.)
- Ability to create and facilitate team level training
- Ability to coach/mentor/support multiple scrum teams
- Team or people leadership
- Ability to be on-camera, as the default, during normal working hours
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document
HOW YOU'LL GROW AT EPMA
We believe in the investment of our people. Strong client results and company growth is a direct result of our focus on personal growth for every single employee. With regular reviews and measurable development plans, we help you focus on the skills and knowledge you need to succeed. From on-the-job learning to professional development programs, we help you to grow throughout your career and ready you for the opportunities that lie ahead.
BE INSPIRED our 10 core values are at the forefront of everything we do. We take pride in investing in the development of our people, because they are part of the EPMA family and DNA. Call us old fashioned, but we believe in building talent, and we take pride in preparing our future leaders and innovators. You will find a fun, exciting and rewarding career at EPMA.
Since 2010, EPMA has quickly earned credibility as a trusted leader in Project and Portfolio Management Services helping local businesses to Global 50 companies deliver projects with greater efficiency and success. Our ability to attract the most talented people and empower them to make a difference for our clients is part of what makes EPMA one of the Top Companies to work for in Texas, and one of the Best and Brightest companies to work for in the nation. We are also on the Inc. 5000 list as one of the fastest growing, privately held companies in America today.
EPMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassments of Any Kind: EPMA is made up of a very diverse group of individuals representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At EPMA, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. EPMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
***** EMPLOYMENT RECRUITING FRAUD ALERT *****
EPMA is aware of several instances of employment recruiting fraud, and we have reached out to the proper authorities to try to put a stop to these scams.
Please know that any correspondence from EPMA will come ONLY from an @epmainc.com or @jobvite.com email addresses, we do not conduct interviews in chat rooms, we do not use personal, gmail, Hotmail or such email addresses, text messages, we would never solicit money from a potential candidate, and we would not request sensitive personal information like bank account and social security numbers via email or during an interview.
If you feel you’ve been a victim of employment recruiting fraud and are at risk of identity theft, click here for additional steps to report the issue and/ or protect yourself. You can also file a complain with the Internet Crime Complaint Center.
Please read a press release on Job applicant PII fraud from the FBI.