Principal Project Management Consultant
As the leading Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management Gold Partner in the world and premier Project Portfolio Management (PPM) consulting company, we are seeking talented professionals to foster the company’s continued dynamic growth.
We are looking for new Principal Consultants to lead high profile project and portfolio management consulting engagements with Fortune 500 clients across a range of industries. These engagements are often performed with Client senior leadership, giving C-Level exposure and the opportunity to make step changes in Client business performance. Our lead consultants are collaborative self-starters, able to work with EPMA leadership to define and execute engagement strategies, build client relationships for long term partnerships, and support business development efforts.
All Principal Consultants at EPMA have the opportunity for growth into senior management, based on demonstrated capabilities in delivering results in the above areas, effective management of teams, and demonstration of a Client-focused strategic mindset.
Responsibilities and Experience
- 10 - 15 years experience in Project and Portfolio Management, working on a range of high profile initiatives in either internal consulting roles, in a major corporation, or external consulting role(s) within an established management consultancy;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and proven ability to deliver challenging project management assignments with cross-functional teams; Able to proactively identify and solve issues that may negatively impact a project or project deliverables.
- Proven analytical problem solver, with the ability to streamline processes and integrate/analyze data from various sources, using business frameworks and technical skills to develop practical project management solutions for Clients. Focused experience in classic consulting frameworks in business process re-engineering, problem identification and solution development, and in training /mentoring / coaching / up-skilling project teams.
- Demonstrated success in combining a range of skills and industry best practices to complete complex projects on-time and on-budget, and effectively dealing with classic project management challenges. Specific technical experience should include:
- Planning, Scheduling and Resource Management; This includes establishing project plans and charters, developing resource-loaded schedules with fully developed inter-dependency logic and critical path analysis, regularly monitoring and tracking project progress, and providing comprehensive project progress reporting to project stakeholders.
- Understanding and application of cost management and estimating techniques, with exposure to risk management and change management activities in a structured project environment.
- Effective in influencing and leading in Client engagements and matrix environments, with strong stakeholder management skills. Excellent client/customer interaction and communication skills, with strong Organizational Change Management capabilities.
- Ability to maintain composure and adapt in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused work environment to manage rapid change, short lead times, and multiple competing priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, such as Engineering, Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration
- MBA or similar Master’s degree is desirable
- PMP Certification
- A minimum of 5 years experience in MS Project, Primavera or other PPM tools (such as Clarity, Planview or Daptiv) to an advanced level
- Use of a variety of project management methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Project management experience to have covered multiple industries; IT, engineering, and/or manufacturing industry experience is preferred.
- Must be open to up to 50% travel
HOW YOU'LL GROW AT EPMA
We believe in the investment of our people. Strong client results and company growth is a direct result of our focus on personal growth for every single employee. With regular reviews and measurable development plans, we help you focus on the skills and knowledge you need to succeed. From on-the-job learning to professional development programs, we help you to grow throughout your career and ready you for the opportunities that lie ahead.
Passion, Integrity, Value and Reputation are EPMA's 4 pillars that are at the forefront of everything we do. We take pride in investing in the development of our people, because they are part of the EPMA family and DNA. Call us old fashioned, but we believe in life long careers at EPMA, and we take pride in preparing our future leaders and innovators. You will find a fun, exciting and rewarding career at EPMA.
Hiring is one of the most strategic functions in any company, and we believe in taking time in the selection process to ensure the right fit for both EPMA and for the individual. Once you have chosen to apply, there will be several selection phases consisting of interviews, a personality profile assessment, case study and a presentation. During the initial interviews, you will be asked questions about EPMA, and how you add value to the business we are in. We highly recommend you learn about EPMA, PPM and the role you are applying for.
Since 2010, EPMA has quickly earned credibility as a trusted leader in Project and Portfolio Management Services to help regional domestic business to Global 50 companies deliver projects with greater efficiency and success. Our ability to attract the most talented people and empower them to make a difference for our clients is part of what makes EPMA one of the Top Companies to work for in Texas, and one of the Best and Brightest companies to work for in the nation. We are also on the Inc. 5000 list as one of the fastest growing, privately held companies in America today.
EPMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harrassment of Any Kind: EPMA is made up of a very diverse group of individuals representing a variety of backgrounds, prespectgives, and skills. At EPMA, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. EPMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Learn more by visiting us at www.EPMAinc.com