Project Admin (Associate Consultant)
EPMA Associate Project Manager Consultant
As the leading Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management Gold Partner in the world and premier Project Portfolio Management (PPM) consulting company, we seek talented professionals to foster the company’s continued dynamic growth.
We are looking for an Associate Consultant to join high-profile project and portfolio management consulting engagements with Fortune 500 clients across a range of industries. Our consultants are collaborative self-starters who can work with EPMA leadership to define and execute engagement strategies, build client relationships for long term partnerships, and support business development efforts.
All Consultants at EPMA have the opportunity for growth into senior management, based on demonstrated capabilities in delivering results in the above areas, effective management of teams, and demonstration of a Client-focused strategic mindset.
Responsibilities and Experience
- 2- 5 years' experience in Project Management, working on a range of initiatives in either internal consulting roles, in a major corporation, or external consulting role(s) within an established management consultancy;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and proven ability to deliver challenging project management assignments with cross-functional teams; Able to proactively identify and solve issues that may negatively impact a project or project deliverables.
- Consult with an external client to collect and document business and technical requirements. Update the project schedule and documentation accordingly.
- Host status meetings and coordinate discussions with client teams and stakeholders.
- Proven analytical problem solver with the ability to streamline processes and integrate/analyze data from various sources, using business frameworks and technical skills to develop practical project management solutions for Clients.
- Demonstrated success in combining a range of skills and industry best practices to complete projects on-time and on-budget and effectively deal with classic project management challenges. Specific technical experience should include:
- Planning, Scheduling, and Resource Management; This includes establishing project plans and charters, developing resource-loaded schedules with fully developed inter-dependency logic and critical path analysis, regularly monitoring and tracking project progress, and providing comprehensive project progress reporting to project stakeholders.
- Understanding and application of cost management and estimating techniques, with exposure to risk management and change management activities in a structured project environment.
- Excellent client/customer interaction and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain composure and adapt in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused work environment to manage rapid change, short lead times, and multiple competing priorities.
- As a representative of the organization in a customer site, the Associate is an ambassador of the EPMA brand and should conduct themselves accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, such as Engineering, Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration
- CAPM Certification preferred
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in MS Project, Primavera, or other PPM tools (such as Clarity, Planview, or Daptiv) to an intermediate/advanced level
- Ability to perform project tasks independently.
- Use of a variety of project management methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Project management experience to have covered the energy industry
HOW YOU'LL GROW AT EPMA
We believe in the investment of our people. Strong client results and company growth is a direct result of our focus on personal growth for every single employee. With regular reviews and measurable development plans, we help you focus on the skills and knowledge you need to succeed. From on-the-job learning to professional development programs, we help you to grow throughout your career and ready you for the opportunities that lie ahead.
BE INSPIRED our 10 core values are at the forefront of everything we do. We take pride in investing in the development of our people, because they are part of the EPMA family and DNA. Call us old fashioned, but we believe in building talent, and we take pride in preparing our future leaders and innovators. You will find a fun, exciting and rewarding career at EPMA.
Since 2010, EPMA has quickly earned credibility as a trusted leader in Project and Portfolio Management Services helping local businesses to Global 50 companies deliver projects with greater efficiency and success. Our ability to attract the most talented people and empower them to make a difference for our clients is part of what makes EPMA one of the Top Companies to work for in Texas, and one of the Best and Brightest companies to work for in the nation. We are also on the Inc. 5000 list as one of the fastest growing, privately held companies in America today.
EPMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassments of Any Kind: EPMA is made up of a very diverse group of individuals representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At EPMA, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. EPMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
***** EMPLOYMENT RECRUITING FRAUD ALERT *****
EPMA is aware of several instances of employment recruiting fraud, and we have reached out to the proper authorities to try to put a stop to these scams.
Please know that any correspondence from EPMA will come ONLY from an @epmainc.com or @jobvite.com email addresses, we do not conduct interviews in chat rooms, we do not use personal, gmail, Hotmail or such email addresses, text messages, we would never solicit money from a potential candidate, and we would not request sensitive personal information like bank account and social security numbers via email or during an interview.
If you feel you’ve been a victim of employment recruiting fraud and are at risk of identity theft, click here for additional steps to report the issue and/ or protect yourself. You can also file a complain with the Internet Crime Complaint Center.
Please read a press release on Job applicant PII fraud from the FBI.