IT Project Manager- Oil and Gas Industry
Our client is seeking Project Manager under minimum supervision, will apply process management best practices, to ensure that the goals of each IT Project are delivered through a common understanding of the desired business requirements and processes.
IT Project Manager - Oil and Gas Industry.
Location: Houston- Should be able to work onsite.
12 months contract
W2 Employment - No Sponsorship.
Project Manager will assist the project team through the definition and documentation of the existing business processes and the desired business processes. Using this information, the IT PM will work with project stakeholders to identify skill gaps and cultural barriers that might prevent or reduce the project’s success at delivering business value.
In addition, the PM will coordinate the development of test and training plans to ensure that the business is able and ready to execute the future state business processes. Following a project’s implementation, the IT PM will be called upon to gather and analyze information to determine if the processes are being executed effectively, as designed.
Primary Responsibilities and Actions
- Facilitate cross-functional project teams to create current state and future state business process models
- Work with appropriate business and IT staff to gather business process performance information
- Work with business process owners to document business requirements
- Work with business process owners to analyze and recommend improvements to business processes
- Ensure that the desired business processes and the list of requirements complement and reflect each other
- Develop testing approaches and test plans/scripts for verifying/validating that new or modified business processes work as designed
- Test the entire, end-to-end, process, including manual steps and steps provided or supported by technology
- Coordinate the testing of new business solutions
- Assist with the creation training approach and plan
- Assist with the development of training materials and deliver training to appropriate end users
- Assist the project manager with project planning, including the identification and estimation of business process activities needed to ensure the project is successful
- 5-7 Yrs+ years of experience in IT project delivery & business analysis.
- Should have experience in systems like FlowCal, Synthesis and Profile (new designs/apps/systems may/may not be required for the other terminal automations)
- Core understanding of resource management and allocation
- Oil and Gas experience is a must.
- Business Process Analysis experience. Ability to work with process owners and process participants to identify potential process improvements
- Information Management experience. Ability to work with the appropriate people to gather and consolidate data into information that is useful for understanding, describing and improving business processes. This includes trend analysis and basic statistics.
- Knowledge on how other organizations can use current and emerging technologies to drive digital business
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project
- Solid organizational skills and solid understanding of project management processes
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies
- Self-starter able to drive towards goals and manage time effectively
- Strong skills in interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Strong project/portfolio management skills
- Travel required to Texas/ Oklahoma , Pennsylvania. (10 -15%)
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire
HOW YOU'LL GROW AT EPMA
We believe in the investment of our people. Strong client results and company growth is a direct result of our focus on personal growth for every single employee. With regular reviews and measurable development plans, we help you focus on the skills and knowledge you need to succeed. From on-the-job learning to professional development programs, we help you to grow throughout your career and ready you for the opportunities that lie ahead.
BE INSPIRED our 10 core values are at the forefront of everything we do. We take pride in investing in the development of our people, because they are part of the EPMA family and DNA. Call us old fashioned, but we believe in building talent, and we take pride in preparing our future leaders and innovators. You will find a fun, exciting and rewarding career at EPMA.
Since 2010, EPMA has quickly earned credibility as a trusted leader in Project and Portfolio Management Services helping local businesses to Global 50 companies deliver projects with greater efficiency and success. Our ability to attract the most talented people and empower them to make a difference for our clients is part of what makes EPMA one of the Top Companies to work for in Texas, and one of the Best and Brightest companies to work for in the nation. We are also on the Inc. 5000 list as one of the fastest growing, privately held companies in America today.
EPMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassments of Any Kind: EPMA is made up of a very diverse group of individuals representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At EPMA, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. EPMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
***** EMPLOYMENT RECRUITING FRAUD ALERT *****
EPMA is aware of several instances of employment recruiting fraud, and we have reached out to the proper authorities to try to put a stop to these scams.
Please know that any correspondence from EPMA will come ONLY from an @epmainc.com or @jobvite.com email addresses, we do not conduct interviews in chat rooms, we do not use personal, gmail, Hotmail or such email addresses, text messages, we would never solicit money from a potential candidate, and we would not request sensitive personal information like bank account and social security numbers via email or during an interview.
If you feel you’ve been a victim of employment recruiting fraud and are at risk of identity theft, click here for additional steps to report the issue and/ or protect yourself. You can also file a complain with the Internet Crime Complaint Center.
Please read a press release on Job applicant PII fraud from the FBI.