Senior Research Associate/Principal Research Associate, Biological Sciences
Epizyme, Inc. is a fully integrated, commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to its mission of rewriting treatment for cancer and other serious diseases through novel epigenetic medicines. In addition to an active research and discovery pipeline, Epizyme has one U.S. FDA approved product, TAZVERIK® (tazemetostat), for the treatment of adults and pediatric patients aged 16 years and older with metastatic or locally advanced epithelioid sarcoma (ES) who are not eligible for complete resection; adult patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma whose tumors are positive for an EZH2 mutation as detected by an FDA-approved test and who have received at least 2 prior systemic therapies; and adult patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma who have no satisfactory alternative treatment options. These indications are approved under accelerated approval based on overall response rate and duration of response. Continued approval for these indications may be contingent upon verification and description of clinical benefit in a confirmatory trial(s). The company is also exploring the treatment potential of tazemetostat in investigational clinical trials in other solid tumors and hematological malignancies, as a monotherapy and combination therapy in both relapsed and front-line disease settings. By focusing on the genetic drivers of disease, Epizyme seeks to match medicines with the patients who need them. For more information, visit www.epizyme.com.
Epizyme has assembled a world-class team with a passion for scientific innovation and a commitment to developing novel epigenetic therapies. Join a dynamic, diverse and fun work environment consistent with Epizyme’s cultural attributes for success: camaraderie, collaboration, discipline, innovation, openness, patient-focused and resilience.
We are seeking a highly motivated and innovative Senior/Principal Research Associate to join our Biological Sciences group to support our multi-stage oncology projects. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to a dynamic, enthusiastic, collaborative and highly interdisciplinary project team where she/he will implement and execute biological studies supporting the progression of our discovery research projects to IND stage.
- Balance a strong presence in the laboratory with data analysis and presentation
- Independently design, optimize and perform cellular assays to support of mechanism of action studies
- Conduct research on underlying mechanisms relevant to cancer for the project target including indication expansion and drug resistance
- Manage externalization efforts at Contract Research Organizations (CRO) for in vitro and vivo studies studies to ensure adherence to timelines/deliverables, receipt and review of data, and communication to senior management
- Independently summarize, analyze and document data as well as communicate scientific results to project team, senior management and at scientific meetings/conference
- Work as an integral part of a team of scientists driving a key project toward the clinic
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- MS, BS or PhD degree in biology
- 3+ years (MS) or 6+ years (BS) of relevant research experience; industry experience is preferred
- Familiarity with epigenetics/chromatin biology is a plus
- Proficient in experimental design, execution of in vitro biological experiments, data analysis and interpretation for drug discovery projects
- Extensive experience in mammalian tissue culture techniques and molecular biology is required
- Experience in developing and executing studies to investigate target and/or therapeutic MOA by flow cytometry, RNA-seq, DNA-NGS is strongly preferred.
- Experience managing pharmacology studies at CROs is a plus
- Demonstrated organizational skills, a commitment to quality, and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills for participating across functional groups and externally. Team player is an absolute requirement
To apply please visit www.epizyme.com/careers and apply directly to the position.
Epizyme, Inc. is a vibrant, entrepreneurial EEO employer committed to a diverse and dynamic workplace.