Director/Senior Director, Program Management
Epizyme, Inc. is a fully integrated, commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to its mission of rewriting treatment for cancer and other serious diseases through novel epigenetic medicines. In addition to an active research and discovery pipeline, Epizyme has one U.S. FDA approved product, TAZVERIK® (tazemetostat), for the treatment of adults and pediatric patients aged 16 years and older with metastatic or locally advanced epithelioid sarcoma (ES) who are not eligible for complete resection; adult patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma whose tumors are positive for an EZH2 mutation as detected by an FDA-approved test and who have received at least 2 prior systemic therapies; and adult patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma who have no satisfactory alternative treatment options. These indications are approved under accelerated approval based on overall response rate and duration of response. Continued approval for these indications may be contingent upon verification and description of clinical benefit in a confirmatory trial(s). The company is also exploring the treatment potential of tazemetostat in investigational clinical trials in other solid tumors and hematological malignancies, as a monotherapy and combination therapy in both relapsed and front-line disease settings. By focusing on the genetic drivers of disease, Epizyme seeks to match medicines with the patients who need them. For more information, visit www.epizyme.com.
Epizyme has assembled a world-class team with a passion for scientific innovation and a commitment to developing novel epigenetic therapies. Join a dynamic, diverse and fun work environment consistent with Epizyme’s cultural attributes for success: camaraderie, collaboration, disciplined, innovative, openness, patient-focused and resilient.
We are looking for an experienced late-stage Director/Senior Director-level Program Manager to support the Tazemetostat Program Team, oncology experience preferred. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Portfolio & Program Management, this role will also partner closely with the Portfolio & Program Management team in the continued evolution of the Portfolio & Program Management function. The incumbent for this role must be a creative, agile, grounded Program Manager, who is able to bring structure, process and order to the work – while also having fun. This role presents an opportunity to both “build” and “do” what is needed at Epizyme both now and in the future.
- Partnering with the Head of Portfolio and Program Management, to develop and guide program strategy, set program goals and facilitate team decision making for the Tazemetostat Lifecycle Development program
- Leading program management activities for the program, including all aspects of program operational planning and execution such as timeline and milestones tracking, Program Team meeting management/minutes, decision making support, portfolio management activities and internal reporting
- Efficiently and collaboratively driving execution of program strategy and the integrated development plan with a sense of urgency
- Proactively working with the Program Leader and Teams to identify risks, gaps, and resource bottlenecks; and develop and implement mitigation plans
- Collaborating with finance, function heads and team representatives to develop and manage the Program budget, and long range plan, including scenario planning as needed
- Facilitating strong cross-functional communication by building strong working relationships across the organization
- Partnering with the Tazemetostat Development Program Leader to develop materials and present program updates/progress at internal company meetings
- Helping to shape the newly formed Portfolio and Program Management function and establish best practices at Epizyme
Skills and Experience Needed
- Demonstrated track record of success in industry with 8+ years of overall industry experience and 3-5+ years of program management experience in the biopharmaceutical industry required; advanced degree a plus
- Experience in late-stage clinical drug development required
- Experience in oncology drug development strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to manage by influence and problem solve in a highly matrixed organization
- Prior success with managing cross-functional development teams in a hands-on, highly collaborative, fast paced growth environment
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using sound judgment that is consistent with business standards, practices, policies, procedures and regulations
- Deep functional knowledge, coupled with business acumen, personal credibility, and outstanding leadership skills
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
Epizyme, Inc. is a vibrant, entrepreneurial EEO employer committed to a diverse and dynamic workplace.