Associate Director/Director, Biological Sciences
Epizyme, Inc. is a fully integrated, commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to its mission of rewriting treatment for cancer and other serious diseases through novel epigenetic medicines. In addition to an active research and discovery pipeline, Epizyme has one U.S. FDA approved product, TAZVERIK® (tazemetostat), for the treatment of adults and pediatric patients aged 16 years and older with metastatic or locally advanced epithelioid sarcoma (ES) who are not eligible for complete resection; adult patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma whose tumors are positive for an EZH2 mutation as detected by an FDA-approved test and who have received at least 2 prior systemic therapies; and adult patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma who have no satisfactory alternative treatment options. These indications are approved under accelerated approval based on overall response rate and duration of response. Continued approval for these indications may be contingent upon verification and description of clinical benefit in a confirmatory trial(s). The company is also exploring the treatment potential of tazemetostat in investigational clinical trials in other solid tumors and hematological malignancies, as a monotherapy and combination therapy in both relapsed and front-line disease settings. By focusing on the genetic drivers of disease, Epizyme seeks to match medicines with the patients who need them. For more information, visit www.epizyme.com.
Epizyme has assembled a world-class team with a passion for scientific innovation and a commitment to developing novel epigenetic therapies. Join a dynamic, diverse and fun work environment consistent with Epizyme’s cultural attributes for success: camaraderie, collaboration, disciplined, innovative, openness, patient-focused and resilient.
- Mentor, coach, motivate, oversee, and lead a focused biological sciences team while fostering a highly collaborative culture and serving as a member of the Biology Leadership Team
- Oversee all biological activities from a specific disease area or target class, establishing strategies for target identification/validation, small molecule drug discovery, preclinical translational research, IND filing through to MOA and resistance studies of clinical assets
- Integrate cutting edge technologies into new target identification and drug discovery
- Work collaboratively with Lead Discovery, Chemistry, DMPK, Preclinical Development, Clinical and Regulatory Departments
- Keep up to date with the latest scientific advancements (e.g. competitive landscape, new technologies and partnerships) and is well informed about current trend in oncology development
- Work with the Biology Leadership Team to allocate appropriate resources to ensure timely achievement of pipeline and technology goals
- Propagate a development-oriented culture and champion the growth of a talented and aspirational team of biologists
- Communicate science effectively in a variety of internal and external settings, establishing strategic collaborations with KOLs
Education & Requirements:
- MS/PhD in Life Sciences or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years of relevant industrial/academic experience in positions of increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated success in all phases of early drug discovery and development, with a track record of successful advancement of novel, first-in-class therapeutics
- Substantial experience in design and execution of early to late stage research program(s)
- Broad experience in in vitro and in vivo study design and execution is essential
- Knowledge in the field of epigenetics, chromatin biology and functional genomics to apply into new target identification and drug discovery is preferred
- Experience in strategic planning, project leadership, and laboratory and budget management
Epizyme, Inc. is a vibrant, entrepreneurial EEO employer committed to a diverse and dynamic workplace.