Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Compound Management
Epizyme, Inc. is a fully integrated, commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to its mission of rewriting treatment for cancer and other serious diseases through novel epigenetic medicines. In addition to an active research and discovery pipeline, Epizyme has one U.S. FDA approved product, TAZVERIK® (tazemetostat), for the treatment of adults and pediatric patients aged 16 years and older with metastatic or locally advanced epithelioid sarcoma (ES) who are not eligible for complete resection; adult patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma whose tumors are positive for an EZH2 mutation as detected by an FDA-approved test and who have received at least 2 prior systemic therapies; and adult patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma who have no satisfactory alternative treatment options. These indications are approved under accelerated approval based on overall response rate and duration of response. Continued approval for these indications may be contingent upon verification and description of clinical benefit in a confirmatory trial(s). The company is also exploring the treatment potential of tazemetostat in investigational clinical trials in other solid tumors and hematological malignancies, as a monotherapy and combination therapy in both relapsed and front-line disease settings. By focusing on the genetic drivers of disease, Epizyme seeks to match medicines with the patients who need them. For more information, visit www.epizyme.com.
Epizyme has assembled a world-class team with a passion for scientific innovation and a commitment to developing novel epigenetic therapies. Join a dynamic, diverse and fun work environment consistent with Epizyme’s cultural attributes for success: camaraderie, collaboration, discipline, innovation, openness, patient-focused and resilience.
We are seeking a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate who is detail-oriented and flexible enough to handle changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be part of the Compound Management team but will also provide bench-level laboratory support to the Epizyme Biology, Enzymology and Protein and Structural Science teams as they develop assays to deliver novel epigenetic therapies. The candidate will also serve as a team member helping coordinate non-clinical collaborations with numerous top-tier academic research organizations. The position will offer the opportunity to contribute to multiple areas of Research and as such the successful candidate will be required to have excellent organizational and communication skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fulfill internal and external orders in both liquid and solid format
- Coordinate shipment of samples to CROs worldwide
- Communicate with scientists across the Research organization regarding compound orders
- Execute and provide support for in vitro biochemical or cellular assays to support drug discovery efforts
- Analyze and communicate assay data to project
- Provide logistical and administrative support for non-clinical collaborations
- Follow proper safety procedures
Education and Requirements:
- BS required in Chemistry, Biology, or other Life Sciences area
- 2+ year laboratory experience required
- Tissue culture experience is a plus
- Experience with liquid handling robotics is a plus
- Knowledge of DOT shipping guidelines is a plus
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills are essential
Epizyme, Inc. is a vibrant, entrepreneurial EEO employer committed to a diverse and dynamic workplace.