Mechanical Engineering Manager
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineering Manager to join our Christchurch based team. This role would ideally suit a manager with a technical background in product development. You will lead a team of Mechanical Engineers who design and test state of the art solar power related products, as well as work on day-to-day support of released products and cost reduction projects.
Your day would typically start with a standup with your team: discussing the successes and challenges of the previous day; and each person’s plan for the day and any help they need. Next you could expect a variety of meetings and conversations in person and via conference calls with anyone from engineering level to the GM of the business unit.
During the day you would be involved in: technical discussions; design and document reviews; providing technical advice; work and schedule planning and problem resolution. You might have a 1:1 with one of your direct reports and work on removing roadblocks or create opportunities for team members’ personal development. Your day will end and you would know you have made meaningful progress towards advancing a sustainable future for all.
- Lead and maintain an efficient and cohesive team
- Actively support team member development and growth
- Maximise team output within schedule and resource constraints
- Monitor, track and report on team’s progress on deliverables
- Provide the team with technical guidance and technical oversight as required
- Ensure adherence to internal processes and standards
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Technical experience in various material forming technologies, such as: injection moulding; sheet metal; silicone/rubber moulding; diecasting
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Ability to deal with multiple changing priorities
Qualification and Previous Experience:
- Technical Degree (Bachelor or higher qualification) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years Mechanical Engineering leadership experience at management level
- 6+ years mechanical design experience
What would make you stand out?
- Experience developing electro-mechanical products
- Experience developing high-volume products (100k+ annual production)
- Experience actively leading teams of 5+ members
- Experience using Scrum methodology
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses
- Long service leave
- Medical insurance cover (yourself and your immediate family members)
- Annual merit reviews and increases
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- High tech laboratories and equipment
- Modern facilities with onsite parking
- Health and wellness incentives
- Eco friendly work environment
- Global team environment
About the Christchurch team
Enphase Energy New Zealand is located in Wigram, Christchurch. We are a Research and Development Centre focused on the design and testing of our cornerstone product, the Microinverter. Enphase New Zealand has a team of around 55 engineers and support staff. We also work closely with our Research and Development colleagues in California, Texas and Bangalore.
About Enphase Energy
Enphase Energy is a multi-national company with many global locations; sales and marketing, operations, and research and development.
Find out more:
Relocation and Visa’s requirements:
Relocation allowance is not available for this role. Applicants must hold a current New Zealand Work Visa (or similar) or be eligible to work in New Zealand as sponsorship is not available