Systems Engineer - New Grad (E)
Our mission at Enphase Energy is to advance a sustainable future for all!
Today, our intelligent microinverters, which turn sunlight into an affordable, safe, reliable, and scalable source of energy, work with virtually every solar panel made, and when paired with our award-winning smart battery technology, we engineer one of the industry's best-performing clean energy systems, starting with developing our own semiconductors, electronics, system solutions, mobile apps and even cloud solar design services. To date, we have produced more than 36 million microinverters that make up more than 1.5 million homes across 130 countries!
Like our customers, our innovative teams are also worldwide, making Enphase Energy a truly global company. We are one of the fastest growing and most dynamic energy companies in the world. Nimble and acutely focused on developing ground-breaking solar energy management technology, each of our teams have a shared goal of creating a carbon-free future.
At Enphase we are also committed to diversity and inclusion. Developing innovative technology requires a workforce as diverse as the populations we wish to serve. We are a values-driven company that puts people and their power at the center of our shared energy future.
We are looking for fresh, creative engineering minds that are recent graduates at M.Sc. or Ph.D. levels. In this position engineers envision and architect novel solutions for solving renewable energy problems. No prior work experience is required, but we are looking for candidates that are hands-on when it comes to working with or creating electrical/electronic systems. This includes being familiar with both hardware and firmware/software.
This position reports to the Sr director of systems engineering. The candidates are expected to start with a solid academic foundation and then quickly grow into the full role through immersion in the R&D programs while being supervised by more senior engineers.
- Envision and drive the systems architecture for Enphase’s energy management solutions
- Included collaborating with the wider international product R&D teams to capture requirements
- Collaborate on new ideas and document chosen paths for the architecture
- Use modeling activities (Python, C/C++, Matlab...etc.), where needed to optimize the design of the system, and to evaluate anomalies during implementation
- Use SW management tools for collaboration
- Perform renewable energy systems integration and design verification activities, including:
- Participate in the products’ design cycles to become familiar with the behavior of new products
- Participate in implementing automation setups that can evaluate the system behavior and allow multiple tests to be run sequentially automatically, then write data into databases
- Assemble electrical and electronics systems that are composed of various products within the systems solution
- Generate reports and be able to present data, with the ability to report bugs or issues
- Participate in general systems engineering functions such as:
- Architecture definition tasks
- Requirements management and documentation of system behavior
- Systems modeling and simulation. This includes SW and HW modeling of the system behavior.
- Developing and running the systems engineering laboratory
- Recent MSc or PhD in electrical engineering, computer engineering or computer science.
- Hands-on experience with electrical and electronics systems and being comfortable using the laboratory extensively. “Makers” are highly welcomed!
- Very good understanding of basic electrical engineering concepts, including circuit theory and power systems
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Desire and passion to change the world
Desired, but not Required experience
- Understanding of energy storage, microgrid and renewable energy systems
- Experience with Python or similar languages
- Ability to work with Git SW collaboration tools
- Mechanical, hands-on, experience
- Controlling test equipment using GPIB, TCP/IP, USB, RS232, and other communication buses
- Hands on experience with wired and wireless communication protocols
- Occasional travel locally and internationally
- Fremont – CA. Note that this is an on-site job position that requires presence in the office / laboratory. Remote work is allowed only if necessary.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the US (United States). May sponsor work visas for qualified candidates.