Field Applications Engineer Commercial & Industrial - Austin, TX - South
FIELD APPLICATIONS ENGINEER – COMMERCIAL & INDUSTRIAL JOB DESCRIPTION
GET READY FOR THE FUTURE OF ENERGY
We have been using the innovation that made us the world leader in microinverter technology to transform energy generation and management forever.
We are one of the fastest growing and most dynamic Energy Systems Companies in the world. By combining the power of solar energy and the proven advantages of communications technology, Enphase Energy makes solar power systems productive, reliable, smart and safe. Our microinverter system is profoundly changing the way solar systems function, and as a result, changing the solar industry itself.
As we continue our exciting growth, we are building teams with highly talented individual contributors and leaders who design, develop, and manufacture next generation energy technologies. Our work environment is fast-paced, fun, and full of exciting new projects.
We are seeking Field Applications Engineers in the South to be a member of our technical sales team responsible for pre-sales technical support, new product field deployments and post-sales service.
- Manage pre-sales technical support for account engagements as a Sales team member to win business
- Close cooperation and alignment with Customer Support to enable a closed loop system on post-sales technical support
- Manage alpha and beta field deployment support of our new products that includes partner feedback for hardware and software improvement
- Own making the installation and function of solutions and products easy and successful by providing feedback and driving improvements with Product Management and Engineering Development teams
- Develop and deliver documentation (e.g. design guides, line diagrams, standard BOMs, technical briefs etc.), best practices, installation and operational plans, and training to ensure a high-quality design and minimal post sales technical support issues
- Engage in unique system design support to ensure project wins and proper system function
- 5+ years practical and hands-on experience and expertise with installing C&I distributed solar electric, energy storage and energy management applications
- Strong expertise, knowledge and hands-on skills troubleshooting electrical systems and data networks using tools such as multi-meters, power quality analyzers, data acquisition etc.
- BS or MS EE or equivalent, Licensed Master Electrician or P.E. in any jurisdiction U.S. a plus
- NABCEP certification a plus
- Strong knowledge of NEC and system regulatory codes for PV and energy storage installations, including but not limited to the NFPA 70: National Electrical Code, PV Power System installation, UL1741, IEEE1547, Rule 21 for the interconnection of distributed resources with power systems
- Experience in the use and implementation of inverters/converters, DC & AC systems and component interconnection methods between PV and energy storage systems and the grid including advanced grid functions
- Experience working remotely with strong self-management and interpersonal skills and proven record of establishing and maintaining working relationships with customers, peers and managers
- Ability and willingness to travel locally and domestically 25-50% of the time