Compliance Engineer - Netherlands
Our mission at Enphase Energy is to advance a sustainable future for all.
Enphase Energy is one of the fastest-growing inverter companies in the world. By combining the power of solar energy and the proven advantages of communications technology, Enphase Energy makes solar power systems productive, reliable, smart and safe - increasing the energy harvest of solar panels by up to 25 percent. Our microinverter system is profoundly changing the way solar systems function, and as a result, changing the solar industry itself.
Like our customers, our innovative teams are also worldwide, making Enphase Energy a truly global company. We are one of the fastest-growing and most dynamic energy companies in the world. Nimble and acutely focused on developing ground-breaking solar energy management technology, each of our teams has a shared goal of creating a carbon-free future.
Do you want to help change the world? Learn more about the role:
We are seeking a Standards and Homologation Engineer specializing in standards development and committee work. The Standards and Homologation Engineer serves as a standard subject matter expert. This role will be based remotely out of the Netherlands and travel will sometimes be required nationally and abroad. If you are located nearby our Den Bosch office, you may use this.
What you will be doing:
- Using detailed knowledge of standards and industry best practices, guides engineering and testing disciplines towards the goal of standards compliance.
- Participate in national and international standards committees and to capture new and upcoming regulatory testing requirements.
- Gains regulatory agency approvals for product by demonstrating product compliance with standards.
- Leads the effort to gain and maintain self-certification status.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develops and recommends compliance and standards strategies that closely align with the company's strategic product roadmap (products, geographies, and timelines)
- Identifies and recommends compliance with standards that apply to the company’s current and future products. Standards analysis includes periodic review of coverage by technical area, by relevance and by geographic market.
- Regularly communicates new standards developments and technical findings to Product, Marketing, Engineering, and Product Verification teams.
- Assists Product, Marketing, Engineering, and Product Verification teams in clarifying technical details of relevant standards and identifies possible bias by standards testing entities.
- Recommends improvements to existing compliance testing processes
- Supports the success of compliance efforts by promoting early awareness of standards requirements. Contributes to the Engineering Requirements Documents as needed to ensure relevant standards are referenced.
- Interacts with third-party accredited compliance verification entities to ensure Engineering and Product Verification have an accurate interpretation of standards clauses
- Assist in other Quality related activities such as Failure Analysis.
- Has and maintains detailed knowledge of relevant AS/NZS, EN, IEC, Grid connection and National standards. Knowledge of UL is advantageous.
Who you are and what you bring:
- BS/MS in EE, CS or equivalent.
- You will have a minimum 5 years of experience in Compliance / Homologation testing of photovoltaic systems or power supplies.
- Detailed and working knowledge of relevant standards such as UL1741, UL1703, UL1977, C22.2, C62.41, CFR47 part 15, IEEE1547, EN50065, EN61730, IEC61000, IEC61683, EN50530, IEC61215, EN 50549-1
- Working knowledge of the National Electric Code and the ability to work with Local Authorities Having Jurisdiction (LAHJ) is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and preferably in Dutch.
- Comfortable with some travel.
We are building teams with highly talented individual contributors and leaders who design, develop, and manufacture next-generation energy technologies. Our work environment is fast-paced, fun, and full of exciting new projects.
At Enphase we are also committed to diversity and inclusion. Developing cutting-edge technology requires a workforce as diverse as the populations we wish to serve. We are a values-driven company that puts people and their power at the centre of our shared energy future.
If you care about our planet and are passionate about creating a more sustainable future, this is the perfect time to join Enphase.
All CVs must be submitted in English.