Policy and Government Affairs Manager - Europe
Our mission at Enphase Energy is to advance a sustainable future for all.
Today, our intelligent microinverters, which turn sunlight into an affordable, safe, reliable, and scalable source of energy, work with virtually every solar panel made, and when paired with our award-winning smart battery technology, we engineer one of the industry's best-performing clean energy systems. To date, we have installed more than 42 million microinverters on more than 1.9 million homes across 130 countries.
Like our customers, our innovative teams are also worldwide, making Enphase Energy a truly global company. We are one of the fastest growing and most dynamic energy companies, in the world. Nimble and acutely focused on developing ground-breaking solar energy management technology, each of our teams has a shared goal of creating a carbon-free future.
Do you want to help change the world? Learn more about the role:
Enphase Energy is looking for an individual that is interested in working as a member of our Policy and Government Affairs Team. This Manager level position will report to the Senior Director of Policy and Government Affairs and be responsible for supporting all of Enphase’s policy engagement initiatives in Europe.
What you will be doing:
- Monitor and report on all European Union and country-specific policy and regulatory activity relevant to the successful implementation of Enphase’s products and services across Europe including Enphase’s home energy system for residential and small commercial customers.
- Engage with national and regional trade associations through participation in relevant committees to influence and advance policy and regulatory goals important to Enphase.
- Direct outreach to policymakers in Europe and participation in stakeholder proceedings related to the advancement of Enphase’s products and services, to both residential and commercial customers as well as electric utilities, with a specific focus on home electrification, vehicle electrification and energy communities.
- Provide subject matter expertise as a member of a number of cross-functional teams to inform product development, marketing, business development, sales, and investor relations.
Who you are and what you bring:
- Essential - an undergraduate degree from an accredited university in a related field including electrical engineering, business administration, policy, environmental science and energy management.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in the renewable energy industry, with a specific focus on policy development and advocacy in the vehicle electrification, residential and small commercial solar and storage market.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both German and English, plus preferably another relevant language
- Understanding of policy and regulatory drivers for home electrification, vehicle electrification, energy communities and distributed energy resources (DERs) in the European market.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively by distilling complex issues into clear succinct policy and regulatory recommendations.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a challenging fast-paced environment.
- Strong people management skills and experience working on cross-functional teams as a leading contributor on policy and regulatory issues.
- Self-starter with proven ability to manage and lead initiatives across cross-functional teams.
- Willingness to travel frequently within the European Union.
As we continue our exciting growth, we are building teams with highly talented individual contributors and leaders who design, develop, and manufacture next-generation energy technologies. Our work environment is fast-paced, fun, and full of exciting new projects.
At Enphase we are also committed to diversity and inclusion. Developing cutting-edge technology requires a workforce as diverse as the populations we wish to serve. We are a values-driven company that puts people and their power at the centre of our shared energy future.
If you care about our planet and are passionate about creating a more sustainable future, this is the perfect time to join Enphase.