Field Applications Engineer - Southwest
GET READY FOR THE FUTURE OF ENERGY
We have been using the innovation that made us the world leader in microinverter technology to transform energy generation and management forever.
We are one of the fastest growing and most dynamic Energy Systems Companies in the world. By combining the power of solar energy and the proven advantages of communications technology, Enphase Energy makes solar power systems productive, reliable, smart and safe. Our microinverter system is profoundly changing the way solar systems function, and as a result, changing the solar industry itself.
As we continue our exciting growth, we are building teams with highly talented individual contributors and leaders who design, develop, and manufacture next generation energy technologies. Our work environment is fast-paced, fun, and full of exciting new projects.
We are seeking a Field Applications Engineer to be a member of our technical sales team responsible for pre-sales technical support, installer ramp with our new Ensemble technology and new product field deployments.
***Candidates located in Phoenix, AZ or Salt Lake City, UT preferred***
- Support the Sales Organization with Product’s Technical Expertise.
- Provide clear Customer Technical Requirements feedback to Product Management and Product Development Teams.
- Execute customer-facing Technical Product Adoption programs.
- Provide onsite and remote commissioning training and support for install partners for solar electric and energy storage systems
- Execute customer-facing New Product Introduction (NPI) field activities.
- Develop and deliver documentation such as: design guides, line diagrams, standard BOMs, technical briefs, best practices and training.
- Engage in specialized System Designs support activities.
- Coordinate and execute field testing and feedback collection for new hardware and software.
- Close cooperation and alignment with Customer Support and Field Services to deliver a best-in-class Customer Support Experience.
- Licensed Electrician OR BS or MS EE or equivalent with strong hands-on field experience
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in any jurisdiction a plus
- NABCEP certification a plus
- Practical and hands-on experience and expertise with distributed solar electric, energy storage and energy management applications
- 2+ years working for a company developing and delivering products and system solutions.
- 2+ years of exposure to design, engineering, and construction of residential solar electric and energy storage systems
- Detailed understanding of PV and energy storage system performance and economic modeling
- Strong expertise, knowledge and hands-on skills troubleshooting electrical systems and data networks using tools such as multi-meters, power quality analyzers, data acquisition etc.
- Strong knowledge of NEC and system regulatory codes for PV and energy storage installations, including but not limited to the NFPA 70: National Electrical Code, PV Power System installation, IEEE1547, UL1741 and Rule 21 for the interconnection of distributed resources with power systems.
- Experience in the use and implementation of inverters/converters, DC & AC systems and component interconnection methods between PV and energy storage systems and the grid including advanced grid functions.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, domestically and at times internationally as needed.
- Experience working remotely with strong self-management and interpersonal skills and proven record of establishing and maintaining working relationships with customers, peers and managers.