Supplier Quality Engineer - Mt. Pleasant, Wisconsin
The successful candidate will serve as a quality engineer on site responsible for ensuring that the supply chain and contract manufacturing companies develop their process in line with Enphase procedures and verify their systems to ensure they comply with the Enphase policies.
THIS ROLE IS LOCATED IN MT. PLEASANT, WISCONSIN
Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for delivering all aspects of the Quality function on an ongoing basis in line with the Quality Management System to ensure that the business's products and services meet customer expectations. Responsible for ensuring that suppliers continue to develop and implement best practices that emphasize continuous improvements and meet quality standards required to minimize costs and maximize customer satisfaction while ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to.
This role is located in Mt. Pleasant, Wisconsin
- Provide leadership to implement best practice quality methodologies at the site for all functions.
- Develop a quality vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to ensure that the inherent quality function is built into each step of the product.
- Oversee NPI through product release in the factory to ensure all quality steps are performed and meet the requirements for sustainable quality. Utilize the Stage Gate criteria to drive and report achievement of the quality metrics (PPAP, FAI, etc.)
- Ensure end-to-end quality procedures for raw materials through manufacturing, testing, and shipment.
- Ensure that the production process has built-in reactions to “stop the line” per the outlined criteria. Oversee the process to ensure that lot scoping, containment, and/or “stop ship” is executed, if necessary, per each occurrence.
- Jointly develop presentations with CM for weekly quality meetings to ensure we drive quality defect reduction in-process at each step utilizing Pareto analysis, root cause analysis, and corrective actions.
- Promote the use of techniques for continuous improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), Measurement System Analysis, and FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
- Provide quality reports including KPIs to executives weekly
- Issue internal CARS or SCARs to ensure 8D problem solving is applied to quality issues affecting production, and provide oversight to ensure 8D completion.
- Support Purchasing with the supplier approval process by assessing manufacturing/technology capabilities and Health, Safety, and Environmental risks & participate in the stage gate review of new projects
- Responsible for supplier audits, PPAP & Advance product quality planning (APQP)
- Evaluate supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain
- Develop and manage the Supplier Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and work with the Engineering team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is effective in meeting product and process requirements
- Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to the Quality Management System (TS16949/ISO9001)
- Share lessons learned & best practices with suppliers
- Develop CM and Suppliers through Continuous Improvement activities
- Manage the changes with suppliers through the change management process
- Act as an interface with the test team to identify gaps and ensure test coverage.
- Manage the reporting of Ongoing Reliability Testing. Ensure product sampling frequency, reaction to abnormal product performance, removal, and failure analysis are performed timely.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS/MS in Engineering (Electrical/ Electronics/Industrial/Mechanical)
- 10+ years experience in Quality
- Experience in Automotive Quality
- Experience in PCBA Manufacturing
- Proven leadership abilities to deep dive into details and be hands-on
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Competent in problem-solving, team building, planning, and decision making
- Significant experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment (preferably automotive) in Quality
- Six Sigma/Lean skills, implementation knowledge on continuous improvement
- Experienced in dealing with customers and suppliers