Principal Engineer IoT Embedded
GET READY FOR THE FUTURE OF ENERGY
World’s best software-defined home energy solutions company
- Milestone years
Senior Staff Engineer Embedded SW / Firmware
CTO Lead India
Mission (Why does this role exist?) and Scope (About the Job)
Enphase Energy is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic Energy Systems Companies in the world. Today, our integrated hardware and software solutions empower people to make, store, use, sell, and share their own energy. We are accelerating the shift away from fossil fuels and toward the clean electrification of our homes, businesses, and communities. Enphase has already installed more than 34 million microinverters, which are helping power approximately 1.5 million households across 130 countries.
We are continuing to grow around the world. Enphase was listed on the S&P 500 for the first time in January 2021, featuring a market capitalization of more than $20 billion.
CTO team at Enphase nurtures forward looking technologies and works closely with business units to consume them for upcoming product development. We are now extending our CTO organization in Bangalore by building ~15-member team. This team will consist of technology leaders with deep hands-on experience and passion for technology.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Staff IoT Embedded Software / Firmware Application Engineer. In this role you will be researching state of the art options, assessing their merits, assembling proofs of concepts and mentoring other members of the team. You will see the “big picture” and define embedded application designs for Enphase’s IoT systems. A great technology expert and senior staff engineer has a strong technical background with excellent development and communications skills. They are experienced in designing and possess ability to develop a unified vision.
Key Responsibilities and Outcomes (What the Person needs to accomplish in the role?)
- Architect, design and prototype scalable IoT embedded software/firmware systems and portable components
- Develop precise, testable, software system requirements which tightly couple to market requirements and use cases
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot issues in complex embedded systems
- Architect system features, identify tasks, and provide technical leadership to other members of the technology teams
- Analyzing complex system software architecture and development issues, assessing their impact, presenting alternatives, and recommending preferred solutions
- Ensure system and software architecture, design, and implementation meet all requirements of quality, scalability, security, extensibility, etc.
Qualifications: Education, Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Behaviour) and Experience
- Minimum Qualifications
- BE Electronics/Communication/Computer Science/Electrical Engineering + 12 years relevant experience or
- MS Computer Science/Communication/Electrical/Electronics + 8 years relevant experience
- A minimum of 3 years prior experience developing embedded Linux software applications
- Prior embedded software experience with MQTT clients
- Exposure to ARM based microcontroller systems desired
- Experience in hands-on design, development and debugging
- Strong understanding of C/C++ programming concepts, and operating systems concepts
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Excellent communication, documentation skills and team player.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Prior experience with embedded RTOS (FreeRTOS or similar) and bare metal platforms
- Experience in scripting languages like Ruby, Lua, etc.
- Experience in network protocol level attack analysis and mitigation
- Prior experience with Android
- Know-how of Electrical domain, Energy management, solar and smart grid applications