Reliability Test Technician (PES)
Test Technician (Reliability Test Team – Product Verification), Petaluma/Austin, California.
Enphase Energy is the fastest growing inverter company in the world. By combining the power of solar energy and the proven advantages of communications technology, Enphase Energy makes solar power systems productive, reliable, smart and safe - increasing the energy harvest of solar panels by up to 25 percent. Our microinverter system is profoundly changing the way solar systems function, and as a result, changing the solar industry itself.
As we continue our exciting growth, we are building teams with highly talented individual contributors and leaders who design, develop, and manufacture next generation solar technologies. Our work environment is fast-paced, fun, and full of exciting new projects.
Enphase is seeking a Test Technician to join the Reliability - Product Verification team. The position will involve hands-on activities in the reliability laboratory and will require working closely with development engineering, manufacturing, and failure analysis groups across the world to help bring innovative, high-quality renewable energy products to market. Typical activities include:
- Design and build product verification test setups for Enphase Home Energy Management products (portable energy system, microinverter, battery storage, system controller, and gateway) (electromechanical)
- Instrument test setups to capture critical power line data during test to assist engineering teams in analyzing product behavior
- Troubleshoot and efficiently resolve issues with test setups (environmental chambers, power systems, automation, and control PCs)
- Work closely with Engineering and Failure Analysis teams to ensure that failures are quickly investigated and understood
- Basic Diagnosis of failed units using best known methods from Enphase practices.
- Support Ongoing Reliability Testing (ORT) setups
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience building electro-mechanical test setups for power electronic/IT/Solar products
- Enjoy hands-on lab work and test experiment setups; solar experience is a plus
- Experience with measurement equipment
- Understanding of ESD precautions
- Microsoft Office experience (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Self-starting, proactive, quick learner with a ‘can do’ attitude who can succeed with minimal instruction
- Excellent organizational skills, manage own workload with multiple parallel activities, and respond effectively to fast changing requirements
- Good interpersonal and communication skills – ability to interact with people at all levels and geographies within the company
- Commitment to safety and high quality work, attention to detail
What will make you stand out
- Additional 2+ years’ experience in product reliability testing, quality, or failure analysis preferred.
- Experience with portable energy system, storage, gateway or solar power preferred.
- Experience with Python, LabVIEW, MySQL workbench
Enphase Headquarter is located in Fremont, California. Enphase has offices in Petaluma, Austin, Christchurch NZ, and Bangalore IN. Enphase utilizes a Contract Manufacturer; Flextronics in Shenzhen China to assemble many of their products and is currently bringing on a second Flextronics assembly location in Guadalajara, MX.
Salary range (CA): $32.21 - $43.27 per hour