Field Application Engineer - Energy Management Specialist - Germany
Our mission at Enphase Energy is to advance a sustainable future for all.
Today, our intelligent microinverters, which turn sunlight into an affordable, safe, reliable, and scalable source of energy, work with virtually every solar panel made, and when paired with our award-winning smart battery technology, we engineer one of the industry's best-performing clean energy systems. To date, we have installed more than 42 million microinverters on more than 1.9 million homes across 130 countries.
Like our customers, our innovative teams are also worldwide, making Enphase Energy a truly global company. We are one of the fastest growing and most dynamic energy companies in the world. Nimble and acutely focused on developing ground-breaking solar energy management technology, each of our teams has a shared goal of creating a carbon-free future.
Do you want to help change the world? Learn more about the role:
We are seeking a Field Application Engineer based in Germany to be a member of our technical sales team responsible for pre-sales technical support, as well as on-site installation and commissioning of new products, such as our Encharge battery technology.
This specific role will have an emphasis on energy management solutions. Activities will be focused on developing and supporting our integrations with technologies such as heat pumps, EV charging point (wallboxes) and electric water heating products.
Our German office is in Freiburg im Breisgau. Depending upon your location we anticipate this role will be home office based, with customer and site visits two to three days per week and occasional visits to Freiburg and other Enphase locations to meet with colleagues.
What you will be doing:
- Support the Sales Organization with energy management, battery and PV technical expertise and deep product knowledge
- Provide clear Customer Technical Requirements feedback to Product Management and Product Development Teams
- Develop and deliver documentation such as: design guides, line diagrams, standard bills of materials, technical briefs, best practices, and training
- Provide onsite and remote commissioning training and support for install partners for PV and battery storage systems
- Support new product launches and introductions
- Execute customer-facing New Product Introduction (NPI) field activities
- Coordinate and execute field testing and feedback collection for new hardware and software
- Close cooperation and alignment with Customer Support and Field Services to deliver a best-in-class Customer Support Experience
- 3+ years PV industry experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- Electrician with relevant local electrical qualifications/licenses preferred
- Fluent German (C2 level) and professional level English (B2 level) languages are essential for the role
- Practical and hands-on experience and expertise with distributed PV, battery storage and energy management applications
- Experience in the use and implementation of energy management solutions operating with PV and battery storage installations, notably heat pump and EV charging point (wallbox) integrations
- Hands-on expertise in troubleshooting electrical systems and data networks using tools such as multi-meters, power quality analyzers, data acquisition etc.
- Strong knowledge of local electrical and system regulatory codes
- Experience working remotely with strong self-management and interpersonal skills and proven record of establishing and maintaining working relationships with customers, peers, and managers
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, domestically and at times internationally as needed
As we continue our exciting growth, we are building teams with highly talented individual contributors and leaders who design, develop, and manufacture next-generation energy technologies. Our work environment is fast-paced, fun, and full of exciting new projects.
At Enphase we are also committed to diversity and inclusion. Developing cutting-edge technology requires a workforce as diverse as the populations we wish to serve. We are a values-driven company that puts people and their power at the centre of our shared energy future.
If you care about our planet and are passionate about creating a more sustainable future, this is the perfect time to join Enphase.
All CVs must be submitted in English.