Reliability Engineer - New Grad (E)
Our mission at Enphase Energy is to advance a sustainable future for all.
Today, our intelligent microinverters, which turn sunlight into an affordable, safe, reliable, and scalable source of energy, work with virtually every solar panel made, and when paired with our award-winning smart battery technology, we engineer one of the industry's best-performing clean energy systems. To date, we have installed more than 36 million microinverters on more than 1.5 million homes across 130 countries.
Like our customers, our innovative teams are also worldwide, making Enphase Energy a truly global company. We are one of the fastest growing and most dynamic energy companies in the world. Nimble and acutely focused on developing ground-breaking solar energy management technology, each of our teams have a shared goal of creating a carbon-free future.
At Enphase we are also committed to diversity and inclusion. Developing cutting edge technology requires a workforce as diverse as the populations we wish to serve. We are a values-driven company that puts people and their power at the center of our shared energy future.
Join us on our mission!
Reporting to the Principal Engineer-Reliability, the successful candidate in this key role at Enphase will
move the organization toward efficient, scalable and predictable Reliability methods while retaining true flexibility in a highly innovative environment.
- Support cross functional teams to perform BOM Scrub, DFMEA and DfR (Design for Reliability) in early life cycle phase and recommend design changes.
- Utilize modeling, and accelerated testing techniques (including cycles, phases) to identify and prevent field issues in early life cycle phases.
- Develop detailed understanding of product design and implement reliability testing plans to qualify products within program schedules.
- Designing, procuring, building test platforms and Setting up testing environment and equipment
- Facilitate the efficient collection of test data, interpret the same, and provide understandable reports on the test outcomes.
- Analyzing field data and correlating test results to field performance
- Analyzing / troubleshooting failures on identified systems and driving issues to closure with preventive measures
- Develop innovative methods to identify critical failure modes and prevent/fix prior to new product launches.
- Apply expertise to optimize the complete solar system solution to ensure life performance.
- Travel requirements may be up to 15%
Skills and Qualifications:
- Masters (preferred in Reliability focus) in electrical engineering or power electronics
- Excellent written and presentation skills to write papers, make presentation, and communicate to cross functional team.
- Understanding of materials, mechanical, and electrical engineering fundamentals
- Understanding of Design for Reliability processes and principles
- Understanding of statistics, probability, and Design of Experiments
- Proven ability to apply scientific problem-solving techniques with strong attention to detail
- Experience with data analysis software; Relex, or Reliasoft knowledge or experience
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check
- Preferred Experience: Python, Test automation experience, hardware debugging/testing, hardware QA
- Enphase Headquarters is located in Fremont, California. Enphase has offices in Petaluma, Austin, Christchurch NZ, and Bangalore IN.