Senior Manager Operations
Our mission at Enphase Energy is to advance a sustainable future for all.
Today, our intelligent microinverters, which turn sunlight into an affordable, safe, reliable, and scalable source of energy, work with virtually every solar panel made, and when paired with our award-winning smart battery technology, we engineer one of the industry's best-performing clean energy systems. To date, we have installed more than 42 million microinverters on more than 1.9 million homes across 130 countries.
Like our customers, our innovative teams are also worldwide, making Enphase Energy a truly global company. We are one of the fastest growing and most dynamic energy companies in the world. Nimble and acutely focused on developing ground-breaking solar energy management technology, each of our teams has a shared goal of creating a carbon-free future.
Do you want to help change the world? Learn more about the role:
We are hiring Senior Manager Operations to drive execution of work order fulfillment and project completion. The position mentors, and grows a talented operations team to shape, implement, monitor, and continuously improve operational effectiveness. This position is a senior member of the leadership team and will be responsible for cycle time reduction, service ticket completion and overall customer experience metrics. Leading with facts and data, they will drive real change to increase adoption, service delivery and resolve barriers for service ticket completion at every step of their renewable journey. Candidate will be voice of the customer to influence culture of the organization through strategic insights and relentlessly drive and establish high operational standards. Enphase Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Marketplace connects customers and providers with our own proprietary software platform and operations teams to streamline the O&M and EVSE installation needs of home electrification.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong customer management skills with the keen ability to work backwards with customer in mind to identify and prioritize the right inputs and outputs to deliver value and results. They will be able to manage multiple workflows in a fast-paced work environment and actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives to multiply impact on overall customer satisfaction. Above all, they should demonstrate a high level of ownership and the ability to embrace and navigate ambiguity and complexity. Raising the bar for customer experience in the renewable industry is part of core Enphase’ strategy, and this role will play a critical role in driving this strategy.
- Manage business outcome with empathy for customers but drive decisions and action based on data and insights
- Provide strategic direction and executive management necessary for Operations coordinator to achieve the stated objectives of their respective nationwide/regional geographies and functional areas and support
- Own the successful day-to-day operational execution and project completion for the key customer accounts to establish and deliver service level agreements
- Work with sales and provider management teams to assess appropriate economic and operational delivery capabilities of the organization before making service level delivery commitments to key accounts
- Monitor and analyze operational performance via data driven metrics and drive change to ensure continuous improvement. Analyze complex data to create and drive business objectives
- Drive continued development and implementation of processes, procedures, and programs (SOPs) that enable operational excellence and drive positive customer and provider experiences
- Define the operational organization and capabilities needed to support the requirements of our key accounts
- Identify and drive the implementation of capabilities needed to expand our offerings to those accounts and close opportunities with new accounts
- Provide strategy, leadership, and collaborative direction to operations staff and ensure the organization is structured, resourced, and that staff capabilities are continuously developed
- Respond to high-level customer escalations in an effective and timely manner. Function as the voice of the customer and provide feedback to internal teams and drive actions on how we can better serve our customers
- Collaborate closely with Provider Management, Marketing, Business Development, and Digital teams to evaluate new business/customer opportunities, identifying requirements and strategies that must be operationalized through the platform to implement and support new business
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or technical engineering, or other suitable educational background or work experience
- At least 10 years of experience with at least 5 years leading an operational department or projects, operations and maintenance experience is a plus
- Proven success in managing a transaction processing environment within target success metrics and budgets
- Effective Communication and Ability to Influence: Candidate can demonstrate active listening, synthesize information, effectively communicate, and present with confidence and empathy to varied internal and customer stakeholders. Candidate can influence decision-makers, use discovery questions, and deliver solutions that work for the customer.
- Building Collaborative Relationships: Candidate can proactively collaborate with internal & customer stakeholders to identify opportunities, address challenging situations, support customers through incident response situations.
- Active Learning and Driving Continuous Improvement: Candidate is curious and can continuously learn about services offered, product features and functionality, can map explicitly stated customer business requirements and use cases back to product features, process feature requests, and engage customers in product betas, case studies, webinars, etc., as applicable.
- Self-Awareness: Candidate possess self-awareness, own accountability for responsibilities & commitments. Candidate can provide, receive, consider, and incorporate actionable feedback to/from your peers and leadership.
- Project Management: Candidate can execute standardized processes and tools to document customer objectives and project the health of an entire book of business. Candidate can effectively prioritize multiple projects to manage and deliver on customer and internal expectations.
- Strategic Planning and Account Management: Candidate can develop and execute strategies for a customer portfolio, including customer engagement, risk identification & mitigation, product adoption, customer expansions, and product upgrades.
- Excellent Communicator: Candidate with strong interpersonal skills necessary to interface with and influence all levels of organization. Excellent technical and non-technical verbal and written communication skills.
- Team Player: Candidate can proactively contribute to a positive environment that values people and work, openly share problems and successes, and work across teams to help refine processes and achieve goals.
- Result Driven: Demonstrated strength in managing goals and objectives to showcase analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills. Track record of developing and implementing operating metrics, policies, and procedures.
Travel: Up to 25% travel
Work location: Austin – TX