Strategic Sourcing Senior Manager, Packaging
Endo Ventures Ltd.
Operations & Manufacturing
Supply Chain Administration
Direct Reports (list)
Reports to (title)
Sr Dir, CMO Strategic Sourcing
To be completed by Corporate Compensation:
FLSA (USA only)
Job Summary - a concise overview of the job
The Strategic Sourcing Senior Manager, Packaging provides technical, strategic and creative leadership and direction to the Supply Chain Management function, including strategic sourcing support, packaging materials management, and procurement of materials, parts, components systems, and services. This role develops global procurement procedures and strategies to drive cost reductions, productivity improvements and organization wide accountability.
All incumbents are responsible for following applicable Division & Company policies and procedures.
Scope of Authority - span of control (work unit, site, department, division, etc.), monetary value of budget/spend authority ( capital, operating, etc.), P&L responsibility, etc.
All Endo locations. External CMOs
Key Accountabilities - key outcomes/deliverables, the major responsibilities, and % of time
% of Time
Strategy & Procurement
- Develops supplier strategies to maximize the efficiency of primary packaging components within network, identifying supplier qualification requirements, and negotiating agreements, building and fostering productive third party relationships.
- Develops and implements a Par procurement and materials management strategy for primary packaging components.
- Integrates and communicates Company-wide with functional responsibilities and objectives to achieve maximum benefits while standardizing processes and eliminating redundancies and duplication of efforts to ensure that supply chain initiatives have cross-functional linkage.
- Develops and implements supply chain optimization systems and risk mitigation processes, including supply chain analysis and Materials Management.
- Maintains supportive cross functional relationships with Manufacturing, Business Development, Sales & Marketing, Regulatory, and Quality Organizations to facilitate development and implementation of Corporate-wide Supply Chain Strategy.
- Initiates supplier discovery and develops productive strategic alliances and partnerships with leading edge suppliers to maximize buying leverage.
- Develops supplier management tools/metrics with responsibility for assuring compliance to required supplier performance targets.
- Develops new and second source opportunities and has responsibility to identify and implement overall cost reduction for the business.
- Establishes systems and procedures for the introduction of new primary packaging components across network, including global internal and external manufacturing facilities.
- Supports the strategy, selection, and management of third party packaging organizations with aim towards achieving annual savings goal.
- Works closely with Quality, Technical Operations, R&D and Packaging Engineering groups to ensure that procurement/sourcing, replenishment purchasing, and manufacturing decisions are in line with corporate quality objectives.
- Identifies areas of opportunity and implements best practices/benchmarking in the following areas: Production Forecasting/Planning and Control, Logistics, Sourcing, Quality, Inventory Management, and Electronic Commerce.
- Implements creative solutions for the procurement of materials, supplies and equipment.
- Addresses ongoing supply chain issues, and develops and implements integrated solutions through enterprise planning.
- Oversees management of inventory and logistics management policies and procedures to streamline operations and maximize efficiencies.
Education & Experience
Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience and certifications required for the job
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years’ experience in Supply Chain strategy, packaging materials management, strategic sourcing and procurement.
- Packaging engineering background and technical experience (preferred)
- MBA, MS in Operations, Industrial Engineering, Finance/Accounting, PMP certification or related discipline preferred.
- Management experience supervising multi-functional exempt/non-exempt teams.
- APICS certification a plus.
Proficiency in a body of information required for the job
e.g. knowledge of FDA regulations, GMP/GLP/GCP, Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of primary packaging materials strategy and management.
- Deep understanding of the product development process in an FDA regulated industry.
- Detailed knowledge of pharmaceutical procurement, strategic sourcing and contracting.
Often referred to as “competencies”, leadership attributes, skills, abilities or behaviors that may be enterprise, functional or job specific e.g. coaching, negotiation, calibration, technical writing etc.
- Proven track record in influencing organizational change at strategic and tactical levels.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, negotiate, and manage complex contractual agreements and third party relationships.
- Team-player that works well and excels on collaborative efforts.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze market and overall competition.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to make timely decisions.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage others in planning, decision-making, and process improvement.
- Ability to research, collect and analyze complex or diverse information; develops strategies and objectives for the organization.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to design work flows and procedures and complete all projects on time and within budget.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate change effectively and think strategically. Able to identify external threats and opportunities.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and react well under pressure.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Physical & mental requirements e.g. lift 40 pounds, walk across plant/warehouse, business travel (% of time), driving as part of work responsibilities, etc.
- Travel between sites is required.