Assistant Store Manager
When you love what you do, is it still work?
While supporting the Store Manager in a leadership role, the Assistant Store Manager assumes a blended role of both operations and merchandising while leading a team to accomplish strategic objectives and overall sales goals. In this role, the successful Assistant Store Manager will be an effective communicator with a motivational and persuasive personality, and thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment. The assistant store manager will also play a very active role in recruiting, training, and developing a knowledgeable team of Store Guides (Associates). The assistant store manager will also strive to build strong relationships with individual customers, outdoor clubs and the outdoor community in general.
Having previous management experience in specialty retail or as an Assistant Manager for a large retailer will allow an easy transition into understanding all aspects of the business to ensure that focus remains on key business initiatives, store presentation, marketing execution and daily operational cost controls. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, you'll enjoy a high-energy work environment and exceptional opportunity for career growth and advancement. Developmental success in this role could lead into a Store Manager position, or an role within the Home Office.
- Lead by example while driving overall store performance
- Drive sales staff to attain daily, weekly and monthly sales and operational goals
- Models Company initiatives, goals and policies
- Create a memorable shopping experience by promoting all aspects of a customer-focused environment
- Supervise and develop staff to ensure an appropriate upwardly mobile line of succession
- Ensure operating procedures are effectively implemented at all levels
- Achieve sales and labor goals via effective schedule writing
- Oversee general merchandising and store operations
- Partner with visual team in regards to merchandise presentation
- Act as liaison to corporate leadership
Skills and Requirements:
A varied schedule will include day, evening, weekend and holiday shifts.
- Prefer 2+ years of retail management experience as an Assistant Manager, or 1 year as a General Manager
- Ability to suggestively sell and be persuasive while coaching/reinforcing sales techniques of the team
- Able to effectively perform in a customer-focused environment
- Strong business acumen with a thorough understanding of retail
- Ability to manage and develop staff
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Basic understanding of P&L components
- Merchandising skills in both softlines and hardlines a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Prefer college degree
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please list the sports you actively participate in under the "Skills" section of the application when applying.
Eastern Mountain Sports, a member of the SDI USA, LLC family also operating Bob's Stores, is an equal opportunity employer offering dynamic career opportunities and generous employee discounts.